Technology driven firm is seeking an autonomous software engineer to develop powerful and high performance backend servers. You will have the opportunity to be the sole developer for a new and exciting high profile project within the firm.
Leadership, management, and mentoring experience are highly valued.
- At least 3 years of enterprise Java and/or C/ C++ development experience
- Very Strong Core Java Skills: Garbage collection, Serialization, Threading NIO, concurrency package, class loader, JIT compilers, optimizations
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, Object-Oriented design concepts and developing multi-threaded applications.
- Unix Programming Skills and Admin Skills: Shell Scripts, Perl, awk, sed
- Understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP and Network programming
- Experience with Project Management and Requirements Gathering skills
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in CS, Engineering or Related Field
- Experience with database design and interfaces (Berkeley DB a plus)
- Understanding of XML/XSD and other schema driven data