AdvizeX does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. AdvizeX will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm.MUST be authorized to work in the US.AdvizeX Technologies
is a leading information technology provider of infrastructure and enterprise application solutions. AdvizeX combines the technical expertise of our consultants with the technologies from our strategic business partners to solve information technology issues impacting our clients* businesses.GENERAL PURPOSE
This position is for a Backup and Recovery consultant focused on the design and implementation of enterprise-class, backup and recovery systems (BRS). This position requires the highest professionalism, communication abilities, and strong technical skills. Candidates must be willing to travel as a consultant to client project sites and professionally deliver enterprise BRS solutions, assessments, and architecture design. Previous customer-facing experience is required; some pre-sales experience is desired. The vast majority of consulting engagements will occur in Ohio and surrounding states. The preferred location for this position is Cleveland, Ohio, but the position can be located in Columbus or Cincinnati, Ohio.
This role requires a minimum 5 years of design and implementation experience in enterprise BRS solutions, which must include experience with an enterprise backup application(s) (i.e. NetBackup, Networker, DataProtector), backup storage hardware including direct-attach and SAN-attached tape drives, backup to disk, and ideally, EMC Avamar and Data Domain disk-based de-duplication technologies and/or HP D2D or VTL virtual tape libraries. Policy-driven data archive experience using EMC Centera, Rainfinity, or similar technologies is desired. A general background in designing backup and recovery solutions for Tier 1 apps is required (i.e. Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) Strong open systems integration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
This role requires the creation, development, and delivery of backup assessment methodologies for use by less experienced storage consultants. These assessments will likely utilize vendor-supplied data collection tools such as EMC Data Protection Advisor and/or EMC Workbench. The Senior Backup and Recovery consultant will act as a technical leader for building this delivery capability for the Midwest region.RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create a repeatable backup assessment methodology for delivery in the Midwest region
* Work with consulting managers to accurately scope projects, produce levels of effort, and develop project statements of work
* Architect and implement new enterprise BRS solutions in new and existing installations
* Assist customers with upgrades to existing BRS environments
* Help customers develop an overall strategy for migrating to next generation backup solutions
* Design and implement Avamar, Data Domain, HP D2D, HP VTL next generation backup solutions
* Understand and articulate business benefits of Next Generation Backup solutions
* Facilitate discussions with customers around Operational Recovery and Disaster Recovery
* Assist customers with migrations to next generation backup solutions
* Provide advanced technical and or business consultative services to customers and internal sales teams during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle
* Share information and best practices with other team members
* Provide support and on-site technical consulting to customers
* Utilize strong customer interface skills to gather requirements and server / data specific information to incorporate into design or implementation plans
* Produce documentation and provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers
* Act as a subject matter expert in enterprise BRS environmentsSKILLS
* Five years experience in at least one enterprise backup application (i.e. NetBackup, Networker, Data Protector)
* Experience installing, administering, and upgrading enterprise backup applications
* Disaster-tolerant BRS design and implementation
* Integrating enterprise backup applications with Oracle RMAN, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, etc.
* Scripting: bash, sh, posix shell, ksh, Perl, Windows scripts, etc.
* Experience integrating BRS systems into heterogeneous server environments running UNIX, Windows, Linux, and VMware
* Experience installing and configuring SAN-attached enterprise tape backup systems
* Experience troubleshooting backup and recovery systems including backup hardware devices
* Experience efficiently managing large BRS deployments (i.e. deploying agents across an enterprise server environment, automating backups, generating usage reports, etc.)
* Backup and recovery tuning and performance measurement/reporting
* Strong documentation and communication abilities
* Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic environment
* An entrepreneurial spirit to help grow a professional BRS practice
* Experience with EMC Avamar and/or Data Domain
* Experience with HP D2D or VTL virtual tape libraries
* Experience with policy-based data archiving solutions such as EMC Centera or Rainfinity
* Experience with HP Proliant, HP Bladesystem, Virtual Connect, Flex-10
* Experience with VMware ESX/Vsphere
* Experience with HP (MSA, EVA, XP) and/or EMC (Clariion, Celerra, Symmetrix) storage platforms
* Experience with fiber channel SAN (Brocade and/or Cisco) configuration
* Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting high-performance network file systems (i.e. NFS, CIFS, etc.)
* LDAP and/or Active Directory integration experience
* Experience with NDMP for efficient file-level backupsPERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Professional executive presence and image.
- Open to travel related to project assignments. Position targets up to 50% to 75 % travel annually.
- Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to objectives.
- Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure.
- An inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources.
- Integrity and clearly defined values; a demonstrated understanding of the importance of honesty, fairness, and civility.
- Detail oriented and organized in professional and personal pursuits.
- Reports internally to the Practice Director for EMC consulting work and works with Project Manager(s) to ensure project milestones and target dates are met.
- Reports externally to the client project manager.
- Documents all client work for internal use and client knowledge transfer.
- General setting of goals and objectives without direct day-to-day supervision.
AdvizeX does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. AdvizeX will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm.
- AdvizeX offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an additional performance-based compensation package.
- Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
- Mileage reimbursement for onsite client activities
- 401k plan offerings
- Paid holidays and vacation
*MUST be authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship.*