Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Interested in application analysis, security and vulnerability research? Join our Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) team in Burnaby!
Fortinet is currently expanding our IPS team and looking for 4 new grads that have a keen interest in analyzing application control. As a Junior IPS Analyst, you will analyze application traffic, vulnerabilities, network, and application-layer protocols for malicious activity. There are opportunities to research the latest vulnerabilities and threats, as well as getting some experience in reverse engineering. This is a great opportunity to advance your career in UTM.
- Analyze application traffic
- Analyze network and application-layer protocols, file format
- Research security vulnerabilities and threats
- Develop and test IPS and application signatures
- Customer support
Job Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, or Unix
- Knowledge of common network vulnerabilities and threats is a plus
- Experience in network and application-layer protocol analysis/development is a plus
- Working knowledge of Assembly language is a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
Bachelors of Computer Science or Engineering