Description Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation-s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation-s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work!
As an associate at Capital One, you will have a high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one and can challenge yourself to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry. Capital One is a place where you-re given the opportunity to make a big impact. We have built a progressive financial services powerhouse and become a leading Fortune 200 company. Here you-ll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values collaboration and technical abilities.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Sr. Java/Middleware Developers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a Sr. Application Developer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service delivery. - Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. - Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design - Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences - Enforcing existing process guidelines - Mentoring junior developers - Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production. - Conducting design & code reviews - Tracking developers- bandwidth to assist in resource allocation. - Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development - Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases. - Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems. - Providing oversight to Vendor-s technical design and code delivery.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Business, Information Systems or Engineering
- 5 - 10 years development experience in the following Technologies / Tools:
- Java / J2EE,
- SOA / ESB / Web Services
- Unix / Shell Scripting
- Database Technologies, i.e. SQL / RDBMS
- 2+ Years experience as Senior Developer in IT projects leading developers
- 1 Year Oracle BPEL or any other BPEL / BPMS Development experience
- Ant, Clearcase (or other Software Configuration & Versioning tool).
- Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer, Oracle (Weblogic) SOA Suite,
Spring framework certification
- Performance Testing and tuning experience with Java, Spring framework,
- 1 year experience mentoring or training Junior developers
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Vienna-Fairfax Co-Towers Crescent (12066)
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Richmond-Richmond-West Creek 2 (12072), United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052) Schedule : Full-time Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time Job Posting : Unposting Date :