Under the direction of the IT Director of Application and Software Development, this position is responsible for identifying and manipulating data to meet the information needs of the organization. This goal will be met by identifying business information needs, extracting data, synthesizing and interpreting analytical results, and highlighting the implications of findings. Responsibilities include analyzing and documenting business processes and user requirements, performing detailed analysis of clinical health care data, and developing reports to meet the identified needs.
The person we are looking for would have strong experience in healthcare with a focus on clinical data (e.g., hospitalizations and placement data, diagnoses, medications, functional measures) and familiarity with standard health care reporting measures such as Member Months, PMPM, days per thousand per annum, etc.
- Document business requirements, report requirements, and functional specifications.
- Organize and facilitate requirements gathering and work sessions consisting of a wide range of technical and clinical users.
- Interview business stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Organize, track, and validate scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Follow business process to complete and track scheduled data submissions.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, interpreting, and analyzing data.
- Write test plans and perform testing as needed.
- Participate as a member of the development team to design and develop solutions to meet business needs.
- Extract data from MS SQL Server using appropriate analytical tools like SQL Server Management Studio, PowerPivot, or similar tools (preferred).
- Evaluate competing project responsibilities, set priorities, determine course of action and time frame for completion.
- Completion of special projects assigned by the supervisor.
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare analysis required.
- Skilled in assessing business processes and identifying new information needs.
- Skilled in compiling data into innovative presentations of information.
- Skilled in examining documents, reports, and presentations for correctness and interpreting accuracy.
- Skilled at identifying opportunities for increasing business efficiency.
- Good database skills with the ability to retrieve data from the databases on MS SQL Server preferred.
- Detail oriented; able to work independently, set priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, including Excel and pivot tables, PowerPivot, Word, and Visio.
- Bachelors in Public Health, Business Administration, Information Systems or equivalent experience.