General Job Description
The senior-level Cobol Developer with strong/proven Cobol developer skills over the entire life-cycle of a project will be responsible for working analysis, design, specification writing, coding, testing, integration and updates to the mainframe systems
In this position, the Sr. Cobol Developer will:
* Assist with database design and review and provide feedback for design documentation, as appropriate
* Verify solution architecture
* Design system to include all the relevant fields on all screens and all functionality for reports, batch processing, and interfaces design documents.
* Write functional and technical specifications
* Write and deliver unit tested Cobol code
* 5 years recent full lifecycle software development experience on a large-scale, complex application system
* 5 years recent software development and implementation experience (subsetting and coding) with COBOL/CICS/DB2 environment
* 5 years recent experience with DB2 relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL accessing a large, complex application database
* Specific knowledge and experience using DB2/SQL, JCL, COBOL II, and TSO in an OS/MVS environment, ELIPSE and SPUFI
* Experience with CICS commands
* Experience with 'Web' and 'Document' commands would be a plus
* Experience with AJAX, XML, and Ruby on Rails, WebAware
* Experience working in a state government project team environment
* Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to learn through on-the-job experience
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment
* Demonstrates a concern for accuracy in personal work habits
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively for any audience clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Must be able to be understood while communicating on the telephone
* Experience with production support of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
* BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar, strongly preferred
Client requires negative results on a background check
RKV Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age or any other classification or protected characteristic based on applicable federal, state and local laws.