Structured Communication Systems, Inc. (www.structured.com), a leading systems integrator, has an immediate opening in Warrenville, Illinois for a Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong interpersonal skills and a track record in problem solving, customer satisfaction and demonstrated follow-through. Candidates must have experience in successfully executing all technical components of an enterprise sales and delivery cycle. These components include architecting complex systems solutions, providing demonstrations and presentations, leading technical discussions, developing product customizations, planning and executing customer proof of concepts, providing product training and support, and leading rapid deployment efforts.
- Architect complex systems solutions
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and manage systems technologies.
- Work with customers to identify, remediate and test solutions.
- Assist sales staff with pre-sales engineering support.
- Document designs and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- 5+ years in the data management industry with storage experience as either a pre/post sales SE, technical project manager or systems administrator in a large Corporation (500+ employees).
- Experience in the configuration, deployment and support of NAS storage solutions (i.e., HNAS, NetApp, BlueArc.
- Experience in the configuration, deployment and support of back-up technologies – hardware and software (i.e., Symantec NetBackup, CommVault, Quantum, IBM).
- Experience with complex Microsoft Active Directory deployments/migrations, as well as experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware.
- Technical Project Management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of multiple operating systems platforms, including Windows and Linux/Unix with the ability to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot primary storage and back-up technologies.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Experience translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and customer management skills.
- A range of major vendor certifications preferred; MCSE, VCP, and/or SNIA a plus.
- Travel within the Chicago metropolitan area is required.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
Salary based on experience and certifications.
Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.