Direct Client Requirement.
Role: QA Lead
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Duration: 6+Months + Possibility of Extension
Local consultants are strongly preferred
- Experience as a QA Test Lead on a LARGE software development project
- Experience with development of software testing strategies and plans
- Proficiency and experience in automated testing tools (Rational Functional Tester, Mercury (HP) QTP, or Borland Silk)
- Experience with installation and support of automated testing tools (Rational Functional Tester, Mercury (HP) QTP, Borland Silk
- Hands on experience with performance and load testing automated tools
- Experience with defect tracking systems (implementation, support, etc.)
- Previous or Current Software development experience
- Strong knowledge of software testing best practices and methodologies
- Experience with test effort estimation and tracking
- SQL experience
- Relational database experience
- PL/SQL and Oracle database experience
- System integration and back-end (database, etc.) testing experience
- Excellent Oral and written communications
- Experience with test driven software development
- Experience and knowledge of UML/Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- XML/Schema knowledge
- SOAP UI testing for Web Services experience
- Hermes or IBM MQ testing experience
- Web Services load testing experience
- Data migration testing experience
- Any emulation testing experience
- Experience developer at some point in their career
QA Lead to oversee the creation of test plans and procedures and manage the execution of test plans for a large Java development project. The successful candidate will have actually been a developer at some point in their career.
Virginia State Police (VSP) has completed the requirements for replacement of one its large statewide software applications. Development and implementation activities are currently underway.
An EXPERIENCED QA test lead is needed to design testing strategies, identify testing tools and draft the overall test plan and procedures. The QA Lead will develop, publish, and implement test plans including those for load, performance and stress testing. They will evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies. The QA Lead will develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for test application products. The QA Lead will be responsible for the writing, implementation, and status reporting for system test cases including both automated and manual test cases. This will also prepare test plans or test cases for testing the integrations between more than two applications / systems. The QA Lead should be able to plan, draft and execute integration test cases that would be spawned across multiple applications/system.
They will be responsible for defining and supporting the defect management procedures and the enhancement and bug tracking tools. They will lead the rest of the QA team in their activities and review all test plans and results. They will coordinate and oversee the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
This position requires a MINIMUM of 2 years QA lead experience on a Large Development Project and software development experience. It is expected that this resource will have the experience and knowledge to write SQL queries to support backend testing and be able to support the installation and use of automated testing tools.
Waiting for your response…