Direct Client Requirement.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Duration: 6 Months + Possibility of Extension
NC DHHS Division of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a contract Java programming resource for approximately 6 months for the Environmental Health Section of the Restaurant Inspection System. This person is expected to provide Java application code support along with problem determination and resolution within an existing application.
Candidate should demonstrate experience in JAVA application maintenance programming and Oracle knowledge in support of the State’s restraint inspection system. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following in no particular order:
- Maintain relational database structures to allow for efficient data flow
- Java Programming
- Test applications
- Obtain client approval for all work performed.
- Provide support for applications changes once implemented in Production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by users.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging development techniques.
- Write and maintain system workflows based on user requirements
- Configure and maintain models within the system based on user requirements.
- Maintain software mapping tools and processes
- Create documentation according to Departmental System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology.
Ability to learn quickly, synthesize complex information, identify key points and communicate results accurately and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Experience in Java application development and Crystal Reports/Business Objects for reporting.
- Code builds and release control
- Determine requirements and technical design
Experience with Concepts and Methodologies related to
- Relational database design
- Source version control tools
- Database administration
- Implementation and use of like Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence
- Environmental Health, Public Health and HIPAA knowledge/ experience
- (5)years of Java/Oracle programming maintenance support
- Crystal Reports experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with remote access update processing
- Supporting custom coded applications
- Developing web-based applications using JEE technologies
- Open-source Java abstraction frameworks such as Spring and Struts
- Experience with object-relational mapping (ORM) tools Hibernate
Waiting for your response…