Vertex Business Services, a leading North American Utility BPO provider, including SAP solutions for business process automation and lifecycle information management, is growing and we need a talented Lead Technical Solution Architect – SAP HANA to help us continue our exciting growth path. Based anywhere in the US, but with a preference for a major airline hub city, we are looking for a pre-sales solution engineer who is first and foremost passionate about what they do. While this is a technical/functional position, the successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. An exciting, humorous and informative presenter coupled with the technical know-how and knowledge to convince even the most skeptical of audiences. If you’re passionate about solutions and love to tell others about it, this is an exciting role with an exciting company and a growing practice.
· BW, BI thought leadership.
· Develop BI/DW strategy and advice on leading BI trends and solutions and provide a practical approach, specifically in the SAP BI space with evolving technologies.
· Work with business partners and IT peers to architect key BI/DW solution.
· Contribute towards evolving company's analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities including the setup and maintenance of BI portal.
· Serve as the functional and technical expert on the BI/DW Platforms.
· Assess unstructured and big data solutions as appropriate.
· Driving BI Solutions.
· Architect solutions to address business needs, and identify new technologies or new ways of using current technolgies that can provide value added solutions to the business.
· Work closely with project sponsors, business analysts, business users and the BI Team members to deliver comprehensive solutions within the BI/DW space.
· Responsible for the quality of the construction and delivery of the growing analytics needs of Broadcom as part of the Business Intelligence Team.
· Define templates, standards and drive process improvements.
· This position expects a high degree of application and technical product knowledge, specifically in the SAP ERP space, as well as an in depth understanding of the presentation layer with the ability to provide support, design recommendations and training for users in the production, development and QA environments.
· Drive BI security and portal strategy working with the respective IT leads and BI delivery managers.
· Drive metadata management standards and solution.
· Drive strategy for historical reporting and data migration strategy from legacy to SAP BW/HANA as needed.
· SAP BPC/BW integration strategy and set up.
· Bachelor's Degree and 10-12 years of business or IT experience with 8 or more years of solid experience in the SAP BI and BW space. Proven BI strategy & road mapping skills with broad BI technology experience across multiple BI/DW platforms.
· Good functional understanding of various SAP application areas to drive BI - SD/CRM, FICO, SCM/APO, HR.
· Proven experience in multiple full life-cycle implementations of SAP BW with SAP ECC and multiple legacy systems. Hands on experience in SAP BW&ABAP highly desired.
· Extensive knowledge of SAP BI, BOBJ 4.x in Modeling, Reporting, System Administration, Table Storage Maintenance, Security, Configuration, and Business Content activation.
· Experience in SAP Business Objects platform against SAP BW strongly preferred.
· Deep Knowledge and hands on experience of SAP BW/HANA and modeling with HANA studio& sql scripting is a big plus.
· Good understanding of BOBJ security and BOBJ/BW integration.
· Good understanding of various portal options for BOBJ reporting - Launchpad, SAP Enterprise Portal and how they integrate with share point.
· Knowledge of BPC/BW integration and best practices.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to lead broad audience through technical concepts.
· Must have excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
· Must be results oriented and demonstrate a positive attitude showing adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
· Strong leadership and collaborative skills to work in a cross functional team setting with different levels of business leadership, business users, and IT teams.
· Trained in SAP Utility Industry Solutions
· Technical/Functional background in SAP Utility Industry solutions
· Experienced in SAP for Utilities solution experience. Experience in areas included within ECC, core modules required to implement the Utilities CIS; CRM and Enterprise Mobility.