Our client, one of the fastest growing multi-channel (e-Commerce and mobile) software leaders, has exclusively engaged CareerEncore (www.careerencore.com) to help them build their Boston office! With a strong Chicago presence, they are looking to build a Professional Services team in Boston; hiring at the Consultant, Senior Consultant and Principal Technical Consultant levels.
The Consultant and Senior Consultant are hands on software development/consulting roles working on product implementation, enhancement, integration, or audit/review projects. Work efforts focus primarily on delivering architectural, technical design, development and deployment services on engagements ranging from short-term to full life-cycle implementation projects.
The Principal Consultant is both an Architecture and Managerial role.
Duties may be performed at a customer’s site or in the office, thus up to 50% regional travel is required.
Our client offers a challenging work environment with abundant opportunities for you to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. It has a flat organizational structure allowing all employees the ability to contribute. They also encourage the innovative use of new technology and ideas. You will enjoy working with smart, dynamic co-workers who value your enthusiasm to do what it takes to deliver superior results to our clients.
Follows are the responsibilities and qualifications of a Senior Consultant:
• Quickly ramp up on technologies via formal training classes and hands on customer project work.
• Code development using Java/JSP under the structure of Best Practices.
• Analyzes customers' business requirements and software/product objectives; develops an application design in products to meet customers' needs.
• Serves as a technical advisor and problem solver to clients and partners to assist them in optimizing their use of the product suite to define, build and deploy online e-Commerce (B2B, B2C) applications.
• Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of effort required to successfully implement the project.
• Establish criteria/estimates concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
• Participate with project teams in the design, development and deployment of custom e-commerce and content management solutions.
• Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against plan. Performs re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
• Contributes to the growth of the business through the creation and sharing of knowledge and best practices based on engagement experiences.
• Prepare status reports on project activities.
• Other internal and external, consulting projects as assigned.
• Bachelor degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Software design, systems integration and software development or consulting.
• Experience in JAVA Object Oriented programming is required.
• Experience with J2EE and Multi-Tier Internet Architecture is an asset.
• Experience in the e-Commerce industry is an asset, such as Demandware, ATG, IBM WebSphere Commerce.
• Knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (DBMS), HTTP, HTML and XML is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to establish solid working relationships with clients.
• Ability to work effectively as a virtual member of a dynamic, dispersed team (remote), and to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to travel internationally as required (up to 50%).
About CareerEncore (http://www.careerencore.com):
CareerEncore is a premier recruiting firm that is driven by the passion to provide Greater Boston’s technology industry with exceptional talent. Our success comes from our dedication to building long-term relationships with both our clients and candidates. CareerEncore's commitment to understanding their true needs combined with our years in the high-tech, software, and internet markets, uniquely enables us to successfully match talent with opportunity. Our goal is to provide you with the very best recruiting experience!
Visit our website to view more of Boston’s best tech industry job opportunities: http://www.careerencore.com/jobs