Think Surgical Inc,. is a pioneer in medical robotics and world leader in image-directed, robotic products for orthopedic applications. The Company’s product allows surgeons to pre-operatively plan their surgery in a 3-D virtual space and then execute the surgery in the operating room, exactly as planned.
The software engineer designs, implements, and integrates software for the ROBODOC system. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing and implementing C++ applications for medical devices. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a working understanding of FDA and ISO standards.
- Works with software engineering team to develop software for robotic surgical assistant.
- Design and implement user interface and workflow for surgical procedure.
- Integrate algorithms and modules designed by other groups.
- Design, implement, and validate C++ applications.
- Follow rigorous design control methodology and write concise requirements specifications, architecture specifications, and design description, verification plans, and test cases.
- Performs unit testing of software and assists in the verification and validation process.
- Manages schedules, meet and adhere to development goals.
- Provides planning and status information to project manager.
This position may require less than 5% travel.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in software development and developing applications with C++.
- Must have 3 years of experience with medical imaging.
- Must have 3 years of experience with algorithms development
- Must have 3 years of experience with image processing.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming and system design.
- Experience with multithreaded and multi-process programming.
- Experience developing test procedures and testing modules.
- Familiarity with VTK and ITK desired, but not required.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Think Surgical Inc,. offers a fast-paced work environment, very competitive compensation, medical and 401K retirement plan benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity.