The Senior Technical Support Engineer has an understanding Network Security products and in-depth knowledge of environments in which they are deployed. The individual is highly experienced in multiple platforms and completes assigned duties with minimal direction from Technical Services Leadership. Routinely acts independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues. Acts as a technical point of contact and is repeatedly sought by others to provide specialty knowledge to assist them in their problem solving. Routinely monitors and develops electronic content to enable customer self-sufficiency.
- Provides very complex technical support to field engineers, technicians, product support, partners and customers when earlier efforts have failed to identify or fix equipment or software issues.
- Acts as an escalation point for less experienced engineers in isolating problems, workarounds and solutions
- Coordinates tasks within the group and across functional areas
- Achieves knowledge transfer with teammates through: Delivering Formal Team Training sessions/Brown Bags, Formal Mentoring,
- Creating/reviewing knowledge repository articles and notes.
- Technical Lead in at least one related area
- Handles all Severity and escalated Cases within guidelines
- Provides feedback to improve product quality/functionality
- Outstanding customer communications skills, written, oral and face-to-face, in an under pressure support role.
- Expert ability to “read” the customer and adapt behavior / approach
- Displays a positive and consistent customer support/service orientation
- Strong knowledge/experience working in a high volume, complex team based technical support environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot heterogeneous environments
- Model documentation and case management practices
- Strong knowledge of networking
- Expertise in debugging and root-cause analysis
- Experience installing, implementing and debugging network access control security solutions Excellent understanding of Operating System concepts (Linux, Windows, Macintosh)
- Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, expected travel is up to 10 days in a calendar year.