Systems Administrator (Training and Research Lab Environments)
Required Skills include:
- Build and maintain a training and research infrastructures across multiple lab environments.
- Load and sustain required software
- Create test threads through an available network infrastructure
- Conduct component and system integration testing according to test plan provided
- Identify and execute additional testing adding value to the results
- Provide technical recommendations to the mgmt and support team in maintaining the lab IT architecture to mirror operational IT network structures
- Conduct informal training
- Minimum 5 years as a system administrator supporting computer systems running MS Windows, Mac, and Linux OS's
- Minimum 5 years as a system administrator supporting virtual environments such as VMWare vShpare, VMWare ESXi
- Minimum 5 years supporting computer network hardware, including but not limited to bridges, switches, routers, and gateways
- Minimum 5 years identifying and resolving network system issues with IT hardware such as repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs and OSs such as Windows and Linux.
- Ability to install, configure, and use personal security products including host and network based firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Minimum 5 years working in an IT engineering lab loading, installing and maintaining COTS and IT equipment and supporting software
- Minimum 5 years experience with computer networking protocols including but not limited to TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience with C, C++, Perl, Python, or other scripting language, including threads
- Minimum 5 years in conducting both component and system integration level testing on complex software products
- Minimum 2 years combined experience in HTML, XML, and Web-based GUI/portal development Full use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or the equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience .