Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all technology deliverables required by the Product Manager partner reach successful completion on the schedule required by the product team.
- Bring software development and engineering background to play in conceptualizing ways to bring software technology to the market areas in this domain.
- Accompany the product teams to customer sites in order to gain better understanding of the learning objectives of the institutions, instructors and students and to gain understanding of how these varied stakeholders need to engage with the software solutions.
- Provide advice to the Product Manager regarding technical options to meet business goals.
- Provide the day to day team leadership, constantly focusing on how to keep the teams productive and moving forward along the schedule needed to deliver the products
- Provide software development expertise to actively contribute to the teams’ deliverables
- Track and continuously improve project quality and team throughput
- Clear organizational roadblocks and obtain the resources that the teams need to be successful
- Coordinate with product and content delivery teams to meet project timelines
- Work with the Product Manager to maintain the prioritization of features in the product roadmap(s) for the market domain
- Communicate status of project to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in information technology, computer science, engineering or a related field or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Background studies or work experience in related discipline areas
- Previous experience leading teams to deliver successful results
- Minimum 5 years in a technical position in a software development organization. Experience can be in software development, software architecture, systems analysis, software QA or similar role.
- Ability to use industry software design tools and software development tools to produce project artifacts in support of product delivery
- Not afraid to take on responsibility and the challenges that come with it
- Ability to prioritize work and analyze interdependencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups
- Background in an object oriented programming language
Travel: The individual in this position is expected to be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
This position can be located in our Boston, MA or Mason, OH office.