Join our ed2go development team, www.ed2go.com, as a PHP Developer focused on our eLearning system and web sites. We are looking for a dedicated, motivated and experienced team player who enjoys solving technical challenges in a creative and professional work environment.
The PHP Developer will be responsible for supporting new technology initiatives across several company web sites and applications. Job responsibilities include close coordination with Business Analysts, who work with key stakeholders to define project requirements, and the Development Manager to ensure adherence to best practices and standards.
- Develop new software taking advantage of design patterns, optimization techniques and with security in mind
- Add new features and functionality to web sites and applications written in PHP
- Work under a team lead to follow coding standards
- Collaborate with team and discuss ways of using emerging technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years PHP5 or up
- Strong understanding of OOP with a good understanding of MVC
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse, cross functional teams
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- LAPP (PostgreSQL)/WIMP (MSSQL)
- Zend Framework or similar framework