DSC Resources Inc. is looking for a Engineering Supervisor for our Oil & Gas Services Client In Calgary. Will consider Candidates from the U.S that are interested in relocating to Calgary. Company paid relocation is offered.
This individual will lead an engineering team in a high energy manufacturing environment. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Engineer Supervisor would be in charge of a team of individuals designing and building large gas compression packages. Supervisors in this position are responsible for all aspects of their team's deliverables, including project margins, maintaining of schedules, and quality of engineering deliverables.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
As engineering supervisor you would be responsible for approximately 20 engineers, assisted by a group of four strong and technically competent engineering leads. We require someone with strong communication skills, matched with sound problem solving and decision making skills. Your ability to lead by influence, mentor, be organized, establish clear objectives and monitor key measures, will enable you to deliver the results you need to be successful in this role. You must be able to work effectively within a multi-stakeholder environment and seek to be collaborative on all fronts.
• Responsible for short term and long term goals of group
• Responsible for staffing requirements of group.
• Accountable for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of group deliverables
• May Take part in HAZOP and SIL review meetings
• May Complete final checks on P&ID's Models and other project deliverables
• Act as technical resource to the Product Support group for technical warranty claims.
• Chair a weekly meeting with the Project Coordination / Project Engineering staff. The main objectives of these meetings are to discuss resource loadings, technical updates, standards updates, project issues, etc.
• Train the engineering group in relevant design codes and engineering practices, i.e. PSV sizing, line sizing, ASME codes, vessel sizing, etc.
• Develop a Training Plan for new Project Coordinators and Engineers.
• Act as representative to APEGGA.
• Plan resource allocation and loading within the Project Engineering Group including vacation planning and holidays.
• Do performance management for the Engineers and team leads.
• Coordinate the technical review of customer specifications within the engineering department for the marketing department as required.
• Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
• Professional engineer designation
• Strong working knowledge of gas compression
• Experience in pressure vessel and piping design is required.
• ASME Section VIII and B31.3 helpful but not required
• Experience sizing gas compressors, pressure vessels, pressure relief valves, control valves and piping will be considered an asset