- Create and support an infrastructure for deployment and automated testing.
- Our applications and bioinformatics libraries are primarily written in Python, with a smattering of F#, C++, C#, PHP, and others.
- Manage and update a suite of virtual servers. Our standard platform is Ubuntu Linux, though corporate IT is mostly Windows-based.
- Is experienced with Linux and is familiar (or at least willing to interoperate) with Windows servers.
- Manage continuous software testing infrastructure (Jenkins cluster).
- Coordinate with Corporate IT to represent the various requirements of our automation and computing group including parallelization, memory and storage resourcing, and backup strategies.
- Automate the management of configurations across our testing, staging, and production server environments.
- Develop procedures to unify, streamline and automate our web application deployment procedures.
- Experience with or interest in Linux containers and Docker is a plus.
- Integrate Linux server logins with our central Active Directory instance.
- Interest in or experience with Elasticsearch for content retrieval, Logstash for server log analysis, Selenium for testing, and automated deployment and configuration tools like Ansible, SaltStack, and Vagrant is a plus.
3-5 years of professional system administration experience in a Linux environment.
Has experience with server side scripting (ideally Python).
Has experience with continuous integration.
Possess a tactical understanding of server virtualization, especially performance tuning.
Retain fluent command-line skills.
Has experience using DVCS, especially Mercurial or Git.
Hold the energy and self-motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, and enthusiasm for exploring and mastering new technologies.
Docker and Desired State Configuration experience required
Qualified candidates please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org