Axcient’s revolutionary platform ensures SMBs have continuous access to the data, applications and systems they use to run their business, no matter what. We’re putting an end to the business downtime that costs SMBs billions of dollars a year and providing true business continuity as an easy to use cloud service. Axcient is one of the fastest growing companies in North America, and we're looking to add the best and brightest to our team. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy software companies for decades and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies, and by thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo. We're a team of disruptors committed to building the next market leader in the $8B data protection services market. We're a group of innovators who want to change the industry forever.
Axcient currently protects nearly 10 Billion files from SMBs across North America and has been recognized as the emerging industry leader by virtually every major channel publication in 2013. We’re backed by leading silicon valley VC’s and have raised $55M in funding. We work hard, and we play hard and we only hire the best. If you want to be a part of a team of passionate, innovative, winners that are changing an industry, then we want you on our team.
We’re looking for an exceptional Sales Engineer to join our team. This position will reports to the Manager of Sales Engineering. The Technical Sales Engineer will work closely with the Sales team to demonstrate Axcient’s solution to potential customers and provide ongoing technical insight and product information throughout the sales cycle, as required to close business. Additionally, this position leads technical sales presentations for Axcient products and is responsible for ensuring that prospective customers receive up to date product information. The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for providing pre-close and post contract ongoing sales support.
- Assist sales team in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs
- Support approximately 10-Sales Representatives in a high-velocity sales cycle
- Develop product presentations when needed/as directed designed for specific customer(s) including architecture of installation, service requirements and ongoing support needs
- Assist Sales Team in qualifying technical fit of solution with customer's needs
- Demonstrate product to prospects through on-site meetings, or through online demo capabilities
- Demonstrate ability to competitively position Axcient Product and Value Proposition
- Demonstrate Axcient Product at Peer Groups and CxO Levels
- Provide Product/Service feedback to Product Management
- Qualify technical requirements of prospects for purposes of evaluating software
- Support prospects during pre-sales evaluation process, working to bring successful closure
- Own and manage Proof of Concepts
- Provide follow-up contact to customers to ensure successful implementation
- Provide partners post contract ongoing sales support as needed
- Provide Partner Training
- Assist with product training of new sales team members
- Opportunity to develop sales engineering strategy, approach and culture
- Travel as necessary to support sales efforts
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or Software Development strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical sales engineer capacity
- A well rounded, professional sales engineer who understands the data storage and Disaster Recovery markets as well as the following concepts:
- Online Infrastructure
- Understanding of software sales processes
- Polished speaker with excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent business savvy as well as oral and written communication skills
- Able to thrive in flexible and dynamic environment
- Must be creative, thoughtful and adaptable
- Ability to travel
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills required
- Excellent interactive presentation skills required
- Technical knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Technical knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle, and general database operations
- Technical knowledge of firewall, proxy server, and general network security configuration
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, by mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click - all from a single de-duplicated copy.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits.