If interested and qualified please send your resume to Derek Fettig at Derek@doylegroup-it.com or feel free to reach out directly for an exploratory conversation 720-744-6582.
The Doyle Group’s mission is to network with the top IT talent in Denver and become a strategic sourcing partner for our valued clients. This combination has allowed us to build and sustain excellent relationships, and ultimately provide job seekers a positive transition into their next career opportunity. With over 30 years in the field, our “Experience Matters.”
The Global BI Manager ensures the reliable delivery of vital and timely information to users to help them grow, manage, and enhance our business. They do this by managing the technical BI staff and deliverables from requirements gathering, metadata modeling, BI development, QA, testing, and delivery. They develop departmental processes to manage projects, work items, resource allocation and ensure conformance to development standards and testing. They need to be able to satisfy the BI demands of multiple countries while ensuring standardized approaches are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the full range of IBM Cognos BI tools (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Workspace Advanced, Administration, etc.). Relevant experience with another BI solution will be considered. They should have experience leading a team of BI professionals and managing BI technologies. They should have outstanding instincts for BI design and data visualization so that information is easy to understand and consume. Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills are also vital. Finally, they should have a highly collaborative work style and be enjoyable to work with.
Deep experience with dashboards, mobile BI, and predictive/advanced analytics is a plus.
- Manages the daily work of business intelligence / reporting developers and data modelers.
- Supports global BI initiatives by working with BI staff in multiple countries.
- Organizes workload to provide clear and focused objectives for BI staff with an emphasis on rapid development while delivering best-of-breed intuitive and powerful informational solutions.
- Supports and expands the strategy of self-service reporting as a key supplement to IT-authored BI solutions by providing resources (staff, training, etc.) to support our key self-service reporting users.
- Oversees the development of reporting and BI standards and processes to ensure delivery of information to end users that is easy to use and is of high quality and reliability.
- Stays current on the company’s BI technology software in order to maximize the utilization of key features. Leads technical staff in exploring new features and capabilities and makes recommendations
- Works closely with key business leaders and departments to ensure that they have the information needed to maximize their efficiency and decision making. Collaborates regularly and frequently with departments that leverage IT as a BI provider.
- Develops a multi-channel delivery approach to BI/reporting including published/static reports, flexible on-demand reports, self-service reporting, interactive reports, dashboards, and delivery to mobile devices.
- Collaborates with the IT Director and other IT staff on business intelligence and information delivery strategies.
- Possesses expertise in SQL, data warehouses, relational databases, OLAP and dimensionally modeled data, data visualization concepts, and graphic design in a BI context.
- Advanced hands-on experience with IBM Cognos BI solutions including Report Studio, FrameWork Manager, Transformer, Cognos Administration, Business Insight Advanced (aka Workspace Advanced) Access Manager or Cognos Namespace security. 5+ years of Cognos BI experience with at least 3 years of senior technical leadership with IBM Cognos BI is highly preferred.
- Experience as a lead, supervisor, or manager of other technical staff.
- Predictive Analytics and experience with Big Data Analytics tools. Exposure to IBM SPSS Modeler is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing department-level processes for delivery effectiveness. Experience with agile methodologies in a BI context is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing development standards, code reviews, and other approaches to ensure a consistent approach to development across a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated ability to articulate advanced technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways for business staff and senior leadership.
- Excellent understanding of relational and data warehouse data design and data structures. Excellent understanding of OLAP/Cube based structures and analysis solutions. Expert SQL capabilities.
- BI Design - Demonstrated ability to design BI solutions that reduce complexity for end-users and present information in ways that makes it quick and easy for them to consume.
- Highly collaborative – works well with all levels of staff and leadership.
Derek Fettig – The Doyle Group
Resource Manager 7535 E. Hampden Avenue - Suite 405
Denver, CO 80231