Our client is seeking a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator skilled in performance tuning, troubleshooting, system monitoring, and administration of the full suite of 2000 through 2012 SQL Server technologies in both clustered and standalone environments. The database administrator will be responsible for maintaining availability, security, and release/change management of 100+ SQL servers while working closely with the development, systems engineering, and application support teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Microsoft SQL Server administration.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a system engineering role troubleshooting, supporting, and administrating Windows Servers.
• Skilled in performance tuning, troubleshooting, system monitoring, and administration of SQL Server 2000 through 2012.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates creative critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to handle proprietary and sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities and meet critical deadlines.
• Strong background in support of highly distributed environment of databases, Business Intelligence Services and Data Warehouses.
• Experience with financial industry regulatory requirements.
• Understanding of Storage Area Networks.