As a Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the design and build of complex technical software and hardware solutions that support global business initiatives:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, builds and implements infrastructure systems. Follows established procedures to build and install hardware and software solutions. Provides feedback onprocedures.
• Researches and evaluates new technologies as assigned by senior team members. Meets with vendors and manufacturer product demos and training. Assists with establishing criteria for evaluating solutions.
• Builds and maintains relationships with business and cross-functional IT groups. Meets with business and IT staff to learn and understand requirements. Proactively collaborates and seeks solutions with peers.
• Implements existing IT infrastructure processes and provides feedback on new processes as required. Follows documented procedures to meet compliance and security requirements.
• Supports operational activities such as level three system support, root cause analysis, systems validation, performance tuning and capacity management. Works with Operations staff to improve monitoring and alerting activities.
• Mentors and provides guidance to members of other infrastructure teams. Documents procedures, demonstrates support tools and provides ad-hoc training.
• Contributes to the development of policies, standards and processes within the systems engineering function.
• Leads planning and support activities that improve the global operations initiatives.
· Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services – DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS
· Experience in a multi-domain environment, preferably with global sites
· Able to troubleshoot and resolve all AD replication traffic problems
· Experience or ability to run project to migrate users and systems from one domain to another as part of company acquisitions
· Extensive experience (5+ years) with VMWare including the ability to make design decisions for new implementations
· Ability to troubleshoot all layers of ESXi and related VI components
· Experience designing and implementing physical and virtual system disaster recovery solutions
· Experience deploying and supporting SAN/NAS storage devices – NetApp and/or IBM are preferred
· Ability to make design decisions on leveraging storage in the VMWare environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to write and update concise and logical technical documentation, including, but not limited to; diagrams, charts, specifications and design models
· Ability to communicate at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions
· Ability to work with team members, at all levels, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
· Function as a mentor to provide knowledge transfer to peers and IT staff
· Ability to make strategic hardware and software recommendations
Other skills not required, but a definite plus:
· Experience supporting Terminal Services and Citrix
· Implementation of ADFS and connecting to cloud based SAAS providers
· Ability to support Windows IIS and related middleware
· Designing and implementing Microsoft Clustering and load balancing
· Experience with compliance of FDA (GxP), SOX, HIPPA, or related regulated environments
· Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field
· Microsoft, VMWare, and/or SAN Storage certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or college, and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.