Magic Hat Consulting is a specialized consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering Program Management, Project Management, Requirements Management and Business Process Improvement consulting services to Fortune 1000 and mid-size companies in the Greater Philadelphia area. As a result, one of our premier client’s has a need for a Six Sigma Black Belt Consultant for a 12 month initial contracting position. The contract will be extended long term provided the consultant exceeds our client’s expectations; or our client could exercise the option of converting the consultant to their full time employee.
- Lead complex, large scale process improvement and transformation projects; and apply appropriate improvement tools and methodologies to meet business objectives and ensure long-term improvement.
- Consult on the use of Lean and Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance.
- Utilize statistics and analytics to prove root cause of process deficiencies, develop process quality metrics to identify improvement opportunities and document the financial impacts of process improvements.
- Coach and mentor individuals and Green Belt teams in the practical application of tools to lead improvement initiatives and embed practices into individual operating areas.
- Participate in the design, facilitation and training related to multiple process improvement disciplines (including Lean, “Quick-Hit” Improvements/Kaizen, Six Sigma). Facilitate organization and cross-organizational knowledge sharing.
- Drive continuous improvement culture to support growth, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a primary focus in any of the following roles and/or areas: Senior Business Process Consultant/Analyst, Business Process Improvement, Organizational Transformation, Business Architect, and/or Six Sigma Deployment Lead.
- Strong experience developing innovative solutions using Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen and other appropriate process improvement methods and/or tools.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a must!
- Experience in the financial services or insurance industry is a must!
- Outstanding data analysis skills, understand how to apply statistical methods in financial services.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in change management; continuous improvement methodologies, disciplines, and practices. Demonstrated ability and experience to identify organizational strengths/opportunities across the enterprise to improve company’s performance.
- Strong background and experience in quality and service delivery, technology solutions, cost management, operations management, project management, vendor and relationship management, business process engineering, and problem resolution.
- Must have demonstrated project management and leadership skills; and proven ability to manage complex initiatives across multiple cross-functional teams/platforms.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - ability to build and deliver effective presentations that are tailored to the needs of the audience; able to influence and gain consensus.
- Strong strategic skills with ability to understand the importance of stakeholders’ business objectives and drive the process towards achieving those objectives (i.e. ability to see the big picture).
- Employ a collaborative skill set with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes in a cross-functional, matrix organization.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Suite is required. Experience with Minitab strongly preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at multiple levels of an organization, work effectively with all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics is preferred.