The developer will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting an Asterisk IVR environment. This environment will be the portal to the Asterisk PBX systems across all business units.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, rewarding job that will challenge you, this is an opportunity to join a great company with potential for growth.
- Design, test and implement an enterprise wide IVR solution for all of company's business units on the Open Source Asterisk architecture.
- Design and implement a reporting infrastructure to provide total visibility of call flows and accounting to the business side.
- Plan and implement a detail migration plan from the legacy IVR systems and applications to the new Asterisk platform.
- Document all aspects of the new IVR environment including DR plans, redundancies and daily check list.
- Develop a comprehensive set of administrative tools to manage the IVR environment
- Support of ACD environment as it relates to IVR dependencies.
- Secondary support of existing Asterisk PBX environment as needed.
- Strong knowledge of IVR concepts and design with five years’ experience in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient with JAVA and GUI tools including VXML as it applies to IVR applications.
- Proven track record of deploying IVR applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with SIP and PSTN PRI is a must
- Understanding and proficiency with programming IVR interfaces to SQL, MySQL and other industry standard interfaces and databases.
- Proficiency in the following programming languages: C/C++, SQL, PHP, Java and Perl
- Extensive experience in all derivatives of UNIX.
- Experience interfacing IVR applications with ancillary WEB applications.
- Four year degree in Business, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience. Master Degree is a plus.
- Experience in the Telecommunications field, especially in IVR design and support.
- Knowledge of basic networking with TCP/IP and basic networking concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidate must be able to assign priority to problems and projects based on their impact on workflow and production deadlines.
- This position requires that the employee carry a phone, and be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Night and weekend work as needed.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to determine operational feasibility and make pragmatic decisions to ensure project progress.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers across multiple departments.
- Solid team player with a “can do" attitude.