Huge opportunity for a SQL DBA II here in downtown Chicago with an up-and-coming technology company! This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Perform minimal DBA tasks (i.e., backups, restores, SQL Agent Job maintenance).
- Develop, test, debug & deploy application integration programs between various applications and a SQL Server enterprise-wide shared data store using a variety of tools.
- Provide application level SQL Server support to multiple project teams.
- Provide technical database administration services for a multi-platform, multi-database 24x7 environment.
- Create, test and maintain all database objects (i.e., files, tables, indexes, stored procedures) on Staging and Development servers.
- Design, write, enhance, optimize and automate database related processes.
- Plan and coordinate application roll-outs with Development teams.
- Peer review of database objects (SQL, tables, etc.) with other members of the team.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline, or 3 - 5 years equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience in data modeling and database design
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to implement SQL data transfer methods via SSIS packaging
- Comprehensive knowledge of underlying architecture of Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to debug and solve complex problems
- Experience in avoiding problems, ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge designing, developing, debugging and deploying SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, T-SQL & SSIS packages
- Hands on practical experience with Microsoft Analysis Services and data warehousing
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages such as ASP.NET, C#, VB or VB.NET is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please contact Spencer Riley at (312) 450-8347 or email email@example.com