Swoon Technology has an exciting, full-time opening for a Lead PHP Developer here in downtown Chicago, IL! This is a permanent, full-time position.
The ideal candidate would have experience as an engineer and architect for object oriented solutions using PHP/Python, with Oracle/MySQL and Linux. Strong experience with engineering, developing and coding sites is a must.
The PHP/Python Developer will plan, research, architect solutions and develop logic, code, and test and deploy several web projects without assistance. He/she will be assisting other developers to build solutions and review the proposed as well as implemented solutions to make sure they follow industrial strength architecture and techniques.? The Lead Developer/Architect will mentor more junior members of the team and groom them to become stronger architects and developers of the solutions.
- 7+ Years in architecting and developing industrial-strength solutions, not limited to commercial websites, using a number of languages, most recently using PHP/Python
- 5+ years utilizing objects, most recently in PHP/Python
- 5+ years utilizing object oriented design and development
- Knowledge of XHTML is expected
- Experience in development and maintenance of applications and Web Services using LAMP
- Experience creating APIs, including data API structures and REST architecture
- Experience interfacing with relational as well as NOSQL databases is a plus
- Understanding XML and JSON data structures
- Ability to read and understand database structures
- Experience in e-commerce applications development
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, decision-making skills and willingness to take on big challenges and solve complex problems
- Ability to think strategically about business issues, manage deadlines, drive closure between cross-group teams, and communicate recommendations
- Ability to make strategically-sound decisions with little information in an fast moving environment, and be able to influence change and drive process and structure
- Excellent communication, team-work and problem solving skills
- Experience working with trading and investment data is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please contact Spencer Riley at (312) 450-8347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org