Swoon Technology has a full-time, permanent opportunity for a mid-level QA Analyst here in downtown Chicago (Loop)!
**Financial industry experience is preferred**
We are looking for someone who has a solid manual testing background and is interested in learning about automation. Primarily looking for someone in the 2-7 years of experience range now so that we hopefully target someone who is hungry and eager to learn. They have to have a working knowledge of Unix and prefer someone in finance if possible.
This role of a Quality Assurance Analyst is needed to help test out our end to end trading systems. This will consist of both manual as well as automated testing and this person is responsible for functional, Integration as well as Load testing
The trading system encompasses everything from client order entry (via FIX or front end) through the order management system to the automated trading engines out to market and back.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Backend system testing, database testing, front end UI testing
- Execute and evaluate Manual and Automated test case results
- Able to develop new AUTOMATED test cases using Perl, Shell scripting
- Should be able to work closely with QA and development team
- Managing all activities in the test plan and ensure that all objectives are met
- Report defects, Replicate defects and verify them after fixes
- Create, maintain end to end QA manual & automated environments
- 2 to 7 yrs of software QA testing experience
- Strong knowledge of FIX protocol is a must
- Perl scripting and Shell scripting knowledge is a must
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX/LINUX systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Financial industry
Background / Experience:
- Knowledge of Equity Order Management and Routing systems is a PLUS
- Front Office financial experience is a PLUS
- Equity business knowledge is a PLUS
- Bachelor of Science degree
If you are interested in this position, please contact Spencer Riley at (312) 450-8347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org