Swoon Technology has an exciting, full-time opening for a Data Center Manager in Alsip, IL! This is a permanent, full-time position.
Manage the design, change, planning, coordination, configuration, installation, support, maintenance and management of data center equipment and software within the Griffith enterprise to meet business requirements.
- Coordinate physical design and implementation of computing environments including servers, storage equipment, environmental infrastructure, operating systems and related services.
- Act as a key stakeholder, thought leader and collaborative team member in the development, planning and operations of domestic and international Data Center services and infrastructure.
- Coordinate, collaborate and implement new data center systems and services globally as needed.
- Suggest and explore server storage and environment standards, processes, and procedures for Griffith World Wide.
- Manage Data Center personnel to ensure effective system administration, maintenance, performance, availability, and project/upgrade completion.
- Coordinate with Griffith management, business units and user communities to ensure necessary computing resources are in place.
- Provide staff development: Complete PAGs, development plans, staff evaluations; Perform knowledge transfer, mentoring, and coaching for domestic and international team members.
- Support development and negotiation of product and services agreements with product suppliers and service providers to ensure service-levels are cost-effectively and efficiently maintained.
- Perform situation analysis and recommendation for problem solving.
- Collaborate on solutions, build consensus, and sell/execute solutions.
- Recommend appropriate courses of action to retire obsolete equipment and services.
- Proactively recommend courses of action to manage and maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Oversee all projects within the IT server infrastructure area, including environmental changes and upgrades.
- Proactively assist in defining direction for future projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with global data centers to assist local site personnel with compliance and problem resolution of inter and intra site services. Responsiveness and communication are critical to success.
- Responsible for maintenance documentation and inventory on current assets and configurations.
- Periodic review of processes, practices, methods, thinking, constraints, assumptions, etc. for the purpose of improving the speed of deployment, maintainability, quality, and with less cost, etc.
- Help coordinate, design, implement and support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity efforts.
- Provide hands-on support, configuration and development of Data Center systems such as Microsoft Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SCCM, SAN Storage, Backup Systems, VMWare and other general data center technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 10-15 years related experience and/or training.
- Industry certifications a plus (Microsoft, VMware & Data Center)
- 5-10 years’ experience in staff development and management.
10 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Implementation, operation, and maintenance of large-scale computing environments, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms (e.g., SAN fabric, OpenVMS, Microsoft infrastructure products).
- User Services (e.g., e-mail, anti-virus, data recovery, security).
- System Monitoring and Incident Response
- Experience and knowledge in new computing architectures and implementations of server infrastructure.
- Contract negotiations and management (e.g., large hardware/software purchases and service agreements).
- Project management and implementation
- Understanding of environmental (e.g., electrical, HVAC, and Fire suppression) systems as relating to data centers
If you are interested in this position, please contact Spencer Riley at (312) 450-8347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org