The Architect has a complete understanding of IBM Sterling B2B Integrator platform and the ability to design and implement B2B/MFT solutions. The Architect ensures the overall quality of the system architecture and application design, development, testing, and deployment for B2B/MFT solutions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create Technical Architecture Documents
- Architecture design and development in EDI, standard document and communication protocols, utilizing Sterling B2B Integrator (SI) and Sterling File Gateway on all platforms
- Integrate B2B and A2A systems leveraging the full suite of IBM B2B Integrator protocols and adapters
- Design Business Process using Text Editor and/or IBM Graphical Process Modeling tool
- MFT Trading Configuration setup using IBM Sterling secure proxy using various communication protocols such as SFTP/FTP/FTPS/AS2
- Perform mapping transformation using IBM SI Data Mapper tool
Other Duties as Assigned or Requested:
Architects may also perform technical configurations such as network communications configuration, adapter configuration, security setup, system testing, tuning and capacity planning and work with infrastructure personnel and other application architects to deliver a quality solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies:
- Thorough knowledge of B2Bi and underlying technologies (BPML, XML, XPath, SQL, PKI(s), network topologies, TCP-based communications protocols, MFT).
- EDI Standard Data Formats (ANSI X12, EDIFACT).
- XML including XPath, DTDs, and Schemas for Data Mapping and Process Models.
- Experience with EDI Standard Rules (X12, EDIFACT) within Data Mapping Tool.
- Business Process development, management and troubleshooting, command line adapter configuration, and solid PGP and PKI infrastructure experience in a mission critical, multi-site enterprise environment.
- General data mapping skills and terminology.
- Operating System skills in UNIX/Linux/Windows.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity while focusing on exceptional client service and best practices.
- A team player who engages others and focuses on shared goals, and utilizes the skills sets of his resources.
- Consistently exercises a high level of initiative while efficiently and effectively analyzing problems and identifying solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in working with multiple SI implementations