We are looking for an experienced Senior Storage Engineer to be part of an eclectic team of engineers who provide data center support for a variety of storage systems including, but not limited to, EMC, NetApp, and Dell Equallogic and a Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure including, but not limited to Brocade, Cisco MDS/NX-OS and Cisco UCS. The candidate should have heavy disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) experience. The candidate will perform various roles including, but not limited to, research and design activities, testing, installation, configuration and hardening, backup validation, and general systems monitoring and response. The candidate should be eager to learn, grow, and work as part of a fast growing and highly technical team of engineers.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should have five (5) or more years of relevant experience (or a degree of equal years in information technologies or a related field) with the following:
- Engineering and implementing disk storage solutions
- Configuring SAN switches, including zones and VSANs
- Performance Tuning of SAN implementations
- Engineering and implementing networked file systems such as NFS or CIFS
- Disaster Recovery solutions including DataDomain, Connectrix, and RecoverPoint devices
And some working knowledge in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration and/or engineering
- Oracle/Solaris systems administration and/or engineering
- Windows administration and/or engineering
- VMware vCenter/vSphere administration and/or engineering
- Database administration and/or engineering using Oracle 10g or 11g
- Security posture administration and/or engineering
A degree in information technologies or a related field is desired, but not required.
- The ideal candidate should have an associate level or, preferably, a professional level certification in the relevant experience subject matter(s) (e.g. CCNA/CCNP/CCIP, RHCT/RHCE, MTA/MCTS/MCSE, OCA/OCP, etc.).
- The candidate should be willing to develop documentation and communication skills as needed.
- The candidate should be willing to develop MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio skills.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- The candidate must have an active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain and hold a DoD Secret Clearance
NexGen Data Systems is an emerging, technologies-focused company providing expert data systems engineering, operations, and management solutions to commercial and government customers. NexGen Data Systems promotes a culture of knowledge and career advancement through continued learning, keeping our team members current on the latest advances in information technologies, and enabling our team to provide the best available solutions to our customers.
- Company covers 100% of premiums for the employee’s medical, dental, and vision insurance and subsidizes 50% of premiums for spouse and dependents
- Company provides dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of salary (6% Safe Harbor Match and 4% Discretionary Match with vesting schedule)
- Company provides educational books, resources, and covers 100% of successful certification exam costs (including expert level lab exams)
- Company observes 10 paid federal holidays and provides 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) from the first year of employment
NOTE: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor Visa's at this time. NexGen Data Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.