We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Center Network Engineer to be a part of our team in the Charleston, SC area. The Senior Data Center Network Engineer will:
- Provide support for the daily planning and operational needs of a large data center.
- Provide support for the development and preparation of the operational verification testing, implementation plan, training guides, and administration/user guides.
- Provide expert level guidance to the customer on proper data center operation and design.
- Provide guidance and lead Data Center Engineers with the resolution of data center tickets that may be dependant upon other technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and must have an active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance.
The candidate should have:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience performing data center network implementation or enterprise networking (or a degree of equal years in information technologies or a related field).
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience designing and/or engineering in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in information technologies or a related field is desired, but not required.
- A professional level networking certification (CCNP) and Security+ or CISSP (Government requirement - 8570.01m).
- A general understanding of all data center technologies and how they interact (Storage, Load Balancing, Virtualization, Storage, Windows, Unix/Linux).
Experience with the following protocols, technologies and platforms is required:
- Cisco NX-OS Platforms (7000,5000,2000)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- McAfee Firewall
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- OSPF and BGP
- Static Routing
- Virtual Device Contexts
- Virtual Port Channels
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Access Control Lists
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- VPN Configuration
In addition, the candidate should also have:
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel (FC) and FC switching (preferred but not required).
- Familiarity with NetScaler configuration and troubleshooting (preferred but not required).
- Solid documentation and communication skills.
- Basic MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio skills.
NexGen Data Systems is an emerging, technologies-focused company providing expert data systems engineering, operations, and management solutions to commercial and government customers. NexGen Data Systems promotes a culture of knowledge and career advancement through continued learning, keeping our team members current on the latest advances in information technologies, and enabling our team to provide the best available solutions to our customers.
- Company covers 100% of premiums for the employee’s medical, dental, and vision insurance and subsidizes 50% of premiums for spouse and dependents
- Company provides dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of salary (6% Safe Harbor Match and 4% Discretionary Match with vesting schedule)
- Company provides educational books, resources, and covers 100% of successful certification exam costs (including expert level lab exams)
- Company observes 10 paid federal holidays and provides 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) from the first year of employment