We have an opening for a 6 month contract to hire in San Jose (Campbell, CA). Please send resumes to Shaun Taghavi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Rate range is $45 to $70/hr. Consulting or Startup Environment experience is a plus. This is a Data Center refresh putting in brand new technology, great company, great opportunity.
Cisco certification preferred but not required - CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching. More importantly the candidate needs to have practical and proven experience with Cisco routing, switching and firewalls.
Work will be with both project and operational assignments:
Top 5 core skills. Daily duties generally fall in to one of these categories.
1) Layer 1 / Layer 2 troubleshooting. I.e. given an IP address on the core, trace to a physical port at the access layer.
2) Layer 3 / Layer 4 troubleshooting. I.e. user at remote office can’t access server at AWS
3) Incremental software patching, i.e. upgrade an ASA pair from 9.1(2) to 9.1(3)
4) Verifying and adding Firewall rules. At a minimum using ASA CLI; Cisco CSM or Palo Alto experience a plus
5) Hardware troubleshooting and fixes. I.e. diagnosing and replacing a failed module on a 6500.
1) Load balancer and traffic management experience, esp F5
2) Advanced Layer 3 troubleshooting - BGP, OSPF, VPNs, MPLS, VRFs
3) Monitoring/Management protocols and tools (Cacti, Nagios, ACS, CSM, Panorama)
4) scripting using Perl, PHP, or Python
Please send resumes to Shaun Taghavi at email@example.com