Lead Big Data Operations Engineer
Have the opportunity to work as a Lead Big Data Operations Engineer for a very prestigious Software Development firm working within the Operations Engineering organization. You will work closely with counterparts in the Infrastructure Engineering and R&D organizations in designing, building and deploying new products for all parts of the firm's cloud service.
The Big Data team within Technical Operations is focusing on building the next generation data store for our analytics platform. We see this new platform to be one of the key drivers to continued innovation that this firm is always known for.
As an Lead Big Data Engineer, you will be:
- Prototyping, designing and implementing complex and cutting-edge Big data systems.
- Working with InfraEng and R&D groups in identifying, collecting and managing datasets.
- Monitor, Respond and Diagnose production related issues in Hadoop, Hbase clusters.
- Participating as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required for design reviews of various distributed data stores
- Creating standards for building, monitoring, managing and benchmarking big data systems.
-3+ years working with NoSQL databases like Hadoop, Hbase, Cassandara or Riak
-3+ years in working with MapReduce type technologies.
-5+ years in scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or equivalent interpreted language.
-Experience with scaling infrastructure to support large-scale systems, including applications, databases, message queues, and caching strategies.
-Experience with LAMP Technologies
-Track record of delivering technically demanding cross-organizational projects
-Great communication skills, both verbal and written
-BS in computer science of related field
- are a talented big data engineer with a track record of being good team player working across team boundaries to get things done.
- don’t need to be told where, when and how you spend time because you know where your time is spent wisely.
- are effective working with multiple groups and flourish in team environment.
- have high standards in everything you do