This position will be the lead for architecting, planning, testing and deploying Microsoft Exchange for the migration away from Lotus Notes.
- Lead the team to design, install and configure the required Microsoft Exchange infrastructure for the migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010.
- Consult with client and make recommendations for technology and processes required for a successful migration to the new messaging platform
- Coach, train, and mentor team members.
MANDATORY SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Over 5 years of experience as a Microsoft Exchange Engineer/Architect helping customers with the following:
- Enterprise-wide Migration from Lotus Notes/Domino to Exchange 2010
- Exchange Server 2010 , Large scale server designs including High Availability using Clustering
- Server consolidation including client to server network bandwidth planning
- Client Access designs for various scenarios including: Outlook, Outlook Web App (OWA), Exchange Active Sync (EAS), POP/IMAP
- Migrations/upgrade from previous versions of Microsoft Exchange Server (2007, 2003, 2000 and 5.5)
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 Enterprise-wide migrations from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2010 for environments with more than 1000 users.
- Experience using Quest &/or Binary Exchange Migration tools to migrate users from Lotus Notes to Exchange.
- Demonstrated team leadership and team mentoring experience.
- Demonstrated expert level-knowledge assisting customers in architecting, planning, testing and deploying Microsoft Exchange solutions.
- Demonstrated strong project delivery experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a customer's needs and articulate messaging technologies to key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and presenting technical requirements based on business requirements
- IT infrastructure technologies
- ITIL best practices concepts
- project management skills
- MCTS Certification in the following is preferred: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuration.
- Experience using BinaryTree tool is a plus
- Knowledge and experience migrating from Active Directory 2003 to 2008 would be a big plus
- Any experience with SECM packaging &/or Windows 7 desktop configuration would be a big plus but not required.
- Any experience in sharepoint would be preferred