As part of Hatstand’s outstanding Green Beret program, you will work as a Java Server side Developer for a leading investment bank. You will work on the bank's next-generation platform for client connectivity and electronic order routing, with a focus on high frequency, low-latency trading as well as continued cross-asset expansion beyond Global Equities.
You will spend the majority of their time performing direct development-related activities, such as coding, design, configuration management, and support.
You will work in a small, but global team spread across APAC, UK and the US and develop business-critical applications in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity. The majority of the Java development work is project based, implementing either new capabilities or new interfaces. Being a bright, self-motivated and ambitious individual, you will need to be a quick learner with a genuine interest in the financial markets.
This position is part of the 2-year Hatstand Green Beret program which is run in partnership with our clients. We are looking for motivated, intelligent and enthusiastic graduates with relevant work experience who are seeking to accelerate their careers. We provide an attractive package that includes competitive salary, guaranteed pay rise and program completion bonus, individualized training, a mentoring program, paid vacation and further opportunities at the end of the two year program.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-6 years of experience in core Java
- Hands on experience with data structures, algorithms, and network programming using Java NIO
- Expertise in building systems to distribute high volume messaging with low latency to a large number of consumers
- Extensive development expertise in high performance, high availability, high throughout, high capacity, yet low latency, transaction-oriented, distributed system, preferably in a financial environment
- Experience with development on a Unix and/or Linux environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of the FIX protocol and practical issues surrounding its use
- Working knowledge of order and execution state handling for Equities and other financial markets is a plus
- Experience with development in a financial setting, or development on a high throughput, transaction-oriented system
- Experience with building systems that have high availability and low latency requirements
If you are a strong, hands-on Java Developer and are looking for a challenging role within investment banking, then please send your resume to email@example.com.