Cliffs is looking for bright, motivated engineering students with a strong interest in the mining industry. Our internship program is twelve weeks in duration, in which you will receive important industry training and get involved in meaningful real-world projects like planning a program, designing a process, or implementing a technology. The culmination of your program will include an opportunity to present your work to management.
Summary of Principal Functions: The Industrial Engineering Intern will be responsible for supporting the site Business Improvement, Operations, Maintenance and/or Reliability staff and completing several special projects and initiatives.
* Commit to safe work and environmental compliance as a core value
* Provide technical support in the areas of mine design, evaluation and planning and providing support to current operations with a focus on continual improvement.
* Work with Business Improvement staff and help on project-leading tasks; use project software to help plan and execute projects
* Industrial Engineering includes the development of standards, processes and schedules, and the utilization of facilities and staff to improve production, maintenance or related operations. It also encompasses work distribution and simplification, process flow and section layout.
* Apply tools and approaches such as Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, Theory of Constraints thinking to improve work systems in the mine or processing areas.
* May be assigned to shadow an Operations or Maintenance Supervisor.
Education Needed: Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited school or university and currently pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering or other related degree.
Experience Needed: No previous experience required. AutoCAD experience preferred. Previous internship or co-op experience preferred