Virtualization or VMware ATM will be responsible for managing and administering a growing VMware virtualization environment.
VMware SME duties include design, configuration, daily administration, and capacity planning of ALTESS VMware vSphere platform.
The VMware SME will also be responsible for the following...
- Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere Suite 5.0, VMware View 5.0, VMware vCloud Director 5.1, and VMware SRM 5.0.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities.
- Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.