Project Manager - Insite
SBM Site Services is hiring an Insite Project Managerin Northern California. This position may be located in either Sacramento or in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, managing and implementing innovative software projects and products. The Project Manager will be expected to resolve issues promptly and will provide clear and regular communication to key stakeholders regarding project progress, budget, and changes to scope.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with Corporate, Operations and technical teams to develop and achieve project objectives
- Coordinate activity of personnel assigned to project teams
- Maintain Project Proposals, illustrating key deliverables, milestones and dependencies for assigned projects
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans
- Ensure projects are proactively managed, executed according to schedule and on budget
- Utilize project management methodologies, systems and tools to effectively direct all project phases – Define/Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor and Close
- Participate in the development of the Project Proposal to ensure Scope of Work is properly defined and that the project team has a clear understanding of objectives
- Maintain strategic focus to ensure balance between immediate project needs and long term company goals
- Track projects against schedule, budget and phase objectives; establish reporting strategy to communicate project status to Manager and key stakeholders
- Develop and implement recovery action plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences
- Mentor and coach project team members assigned to support each project
- Lead regular Project Meetings in cooperation with Manager
- Manage project budgets and control expenses effectively
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a project team to respective functional managers
- Recommend new processes as needed to improve quality, cost, or on-time delivery
- Identify project scope changes and prepare communications to notify stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders on each project; continually seek to capitalize on opportunities to increase customer satisfaction
- Supports operational needs, as needed
- Some travel will be required for this position
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing projects within a software development environment required
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, and general public
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) a plus
- High level knowledge of: Database software principles; Graphic Design software capabilities; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
The annual salary range for this position is between $90,000 and $100,000, depending on experience.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SBM is an international company providing facilities support services to some of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies. Our dedication to delivering the highest quality service and cost savings solutions with the least environmental impact possible has launched SBM into the top one percent of service providers in the facilities maintenance industry. Today, SBM services more than 350 million square feet throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America, with plans to expand globally in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Our innovative employee programs, supportive management structure, and extensive career advancement opportunities make SBM a great place to work. As a result, our turnover rate is one-fourth the national average. We respect and promote the professional and personal growth of our employees and are committed to the success of one another. Teamwork, integrity and compassion are core values of our company, and we go to great lengths to ensure that our employees are satisfied and rewarded for the work that they do.
SBM is an equal employment opportunity employer.