As a senior front-end engineer, you will play a key role in the design, implementation and deployment of our organizations next generation client application delivery framework. Utilizing <canvas>, jQuery UI and other leading-edge web technologies, you will architect, design, build, test, and create features of a state-of-the-art, clustered, and scaleable web application framework and technology platform based on web standards and best of breed Java technologies.
If you are a person who gets excited about being able to develop cutting edge products that would be used by people all over the world, this is the job for you.
· Collaborate with product managers, designers, and back-end engineers to refine the user experience.
· Understand information architecture and the principles of good UI design
· Partner with back-end engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
· Show product ownership and strong inter-personal skills.
· Interface with the web development community to notice latest trends and emerging technologies.
· Rapidly develop low fidelity functional design prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable iterative support for evaluative design research.
· BS in Computer Science or related degree.
· 5+ years experience as a key member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched software applications.
· Must demonstrate strong interaction and rapid prototype engineering skills across a broad spectrum of Web technologies including:
o The XMLHttpRequest object, JSON
o JSP or a similar, modern Web templating language
Preferable Job Qualifications
· A proven track record of launching interactive internet sites/applications.
· Work well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
· Experience in following areas is a strong plus:
o The Canvas 2D Context API
o jQuery UI
o WCAG, WAI-ARIA, Section 508, and other web accessibility tools and techniques
o The Liferay enterprise portal
o Spring and/or other modern Java web development tools and frameworks
o The Atlassian suite of developer collaboration tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
o Subversion or similar version control software
· Familiar with latest web technologies, such as WebSocket, HTML5, underscore, and backbone
· Able to rapidly deliver complex products in a fast paced and agile environment.
· Ability to work in a distributed organization: be able to interact effectively over IM, email, etc.