Global Reinsurance firm searching for a Senior Business intelligence Lead to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will join the team at an AVP Level, and should possess significant experience with the Microsoft Technology stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS). Experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector, is a distinct plus as is experience with Tableau.
This division of the firm is in growth mode, and reporting directly to and working directly with the CIO, the person in this role will be pivotal is setting direction, structure and technology for BI across the division - essentially "owning" the BI area. As a growing company, the ability to scale is of utmost importance - essentially this person will function in leadership, strategic and hands on capacities, with an eye toward establishing and growing a BI team.
· Provide leadership, technical and managerial expertise in the design, implementation, maintenance, security, and delivery of the company’s Business Intelligence systems and services.
· Develop and implement strategies and self-service tools, including SQL Server Reporting Services and Analytic Services (SSRS, SSAS) to allow end users to access and analyze data to provide useful information for business decisions.
· Coordinate efforts with IT and Business Units to ensure that the BI technical infrastructure (including overall technical architecture, data structures and models, SSIS processes, and reporting tools) meet their needs and objectives.
· Provide leadership for BI concepts, SSIS code development, data models, source-to-target mappings, documentation, project and resource management, performance tuning, security, and reporting tool environments.
· Develop and implement mechanisms, processes and procedures (both technical and by establishing effective communication process mechanisms) to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the data in the BI environment so that business stakeholders have a high level of trust of the BI environment, its data and the accuracy of reports generated.
· Leads and manages projects and takes full responsibility for managing priorities and deliverables, developing project plans, monitoring progress and reporting on same
· Leads project team to successful conclusion, on time and within budget.
· Writes and/or approves project requirements, use cases, design, conversion and deployment documents along with other supporting documents and artifacts.
· Exhibits a strong initiative for working and anticipating the needs of senior business managers. Ability to understand business processes and translate them into technical requirements.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory controls and procedures.
· Communicate status information to the team and update management on project status and issues.
· Ability to develop aggressive, but realistic, schedules and communicate and drive them effectively throughout the organization.
· Manage and update Tableau data extracts and visualizations.
· Manage moderate to highly complex programs consisting of multiple related projects. Oversee major projects, providing strategic context, direction and leadership to the teams involved
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of projects
· Work closely with the CIO in project prioritization/planning
· Participate in planning and implementing of major strategies and initiatives
· Help drive organizational change consistent with business and technology organization strategy
· Oversee performance metrics and projections
· Provide leadership, influence change and drive the overall definition and execution of BI initiatives
· Promote the use of knowledge management processes and tools
· Define project purpose, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and success measures
· Monitor the critical metrics for the project such as cost, schedule and quality
· Conduct project kick-off meetings to communicate individual roles and project expectations and ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively
· Conduct status meetings and monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process and taking corrective action as necessary
· Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including business stakeholder satisfaction
· Ensure project artifacts are completed according to agreed upon guidelines (e.g., SDLC, CMMI, etc.)
· Lead the activities of providing BI solutions, developing project plans, monitoring progress, and resolving issues
· High performance scorecards, dashboard and BI applications in concert with business stakeholders requirements and commitments
Experienced candidates only please with a minimum of 8 years of non-academic professional experience.