Location: Austin - TX
Required criteria of the position
Job R&D, Software & Services, Deployment & Support / Software, servers and solutions
Job category Exempt
Diploma Engineering school
Specialty Computer science
Language level English (Fluent)
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience as a pure architect.
Description of the job offer
Position title Software Architect
Mission Lead a team of developers and validators (QA) in the technical aspects of the assigned projects – Alternate: Describe and define project architecture and follow its implementation by the development and validation teams.
Profile 1. ORACLE
Strong Object oriented development skills.
Strong component oriented development skills.
Strong programming skills (at least 4 years)
Smart card APDU
SCP02, SCP80, SCP81
Smart card APDU
Details for employees - Lead a team of developers and validators (QA) in the technical aspects of the assigned projects – Alternate: Describe and define project architecture and follow its implementation by the development and validation teams.
-Define the architecture of the software product to be developed respecting the general architectural guidelines of the group.
-Communicate the architectural and implementation choices made and discuss them with the
- Propose improvement to existing processes.
-Communicate the technical status and risks of the project to the project manager.
-Follow the progress of the development tasks.
-Evaluate the workload for a potential new project and identify the tasks needed for that project.
-Share the problems found and the improvements made with the rest of the group.
-Define or help define the hardware needs for the project.
-Coordinate work with the group manager to ensure synergy.
-Evaluate the quality of validation documents and propose changes if necessary.
-Write the technical requirements (not functional) needed to develop the software product.
Write customer requirement and high-level design documents.
-Ensure the global quality of the delivered product.
-Experience with design/building web services solutions
-Design solutions comprised of standard modules/products and customs
-Extensive interaction with external customers and working with external and internal project and program managers.
-Design/deliver enterprise class and size deployments.
-Design of HA, 5 9's architectures.
-Design/deploy/manage mission critical systems (monitoring and BCP/DRP requirements)
-Performance requirements, profiling and tuning experience.
-Experience working with Standards and Standards-based products.
-Experience with Operational practices (e.g. ITIL framework).
-Working with culturally diverse and geo distributed teams.
-Pre sales experience.
-Meetings and presentations for senior executives.
Back Office Information
Recruitment reason Creation of a new position
Self-confident and self-motivated
Ability to work under pressure
Focused on results
Flexibility and adaptability.
Curious and interested in new technologies and techniques.
Knowledgeable in the best practices of software development.
Excellent communication skills.
HW Compute Validation position:
-8+ years of knowledge on board/system level related testing/design experience on X86 platforms.
-5+ years of experience on server platform validation with sound understanding of CPU and other critical components.
-Hands on experience on stress test, stability test and reliability test.
-Capable of generating test plans and document them.
-Hands on experience on lab equipment, like Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, digital power meter
-Knowledge of Linux bash/shell script and capability of composing automation test script
-Knowledg of analog and digital circuit
-Board design experience or BIOS/FW developing experience is preferred
-Voltage regulator tuning/validation experience is a plus
-High speed test/debug experience (PCIe, 10G, SAS, SATA, USB) is a plus
-Sound knowledge of Server internal modules such as IPMI / managements / Kernel / PXE etc is a must.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Requirements for Test Development position:
-Must be strong with Object Oriented Python.
-Linux experience, particularly CentOS (SysAdmin experience a plus). Understands kernel, initrd, building drivers, and the boot process.
-Good experience with multiprocessing and multithreading codes.
-Source control (Git, SVN, Arcanist). Easy to learn, but some experience helps with random issues that may occur.
-Good with regular expressions (must have for parsing data). Don’t expect to remember all syntax, should be very capable coming up with good expressions.
-Data collection, parsing, and storage (database).
-Basic Database (MySQL, Apache Hive). Create efficient relational database structures, so when it scales, there is no need to do migration.
-Familiar with open-source technologies and frameworks (Socket, thrift). Should be able to experiment with open-source projects and incorporate it.
-Experience building scalable codes and database: should be simple and efficient, yet can easily grow to be very complicated (modularized, refactoring, relat.ional database structures)
-Experience with programming host/client communications. Basic concepts of host/client interface and how to handle timeouts.
-Network concepts (TCP/IP, UDP)
-Linux file systems, RAID, SAS, and general storage concepts
Storage Validation Lead:
- 10+ years of experience in storage system validation.
- Sound understanding of RAID products such as PMC Sierra / LSI based cards
- Experience in creating and executing test plans directed to storage products.
- Strong Linux and scripting ability
- Familiar with lab equipment, protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, air flow chambers
- Must be hands on in changing system configurations and enabling new Hardware Add Ons
- Familiar with latest server and storage architectures
- Familiar with at least one of PCIe, SCSI, SAS, sATA, iSCSI, FC, IB, or NAS.
- Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Experience with storage protocol analyzers
- Experience with IO tools (IOMeter, FIO, etc.).
- Experience with error injection
- Experience with failure modes and analysis
- Performance experience on HW /SW
Test Execution Engineers 
- Ability to run tests based on the test plan.
- Understating of Storage concepts and familiarity with the raid products / FW / command lines
- Document and create precise reports of the executed tests.
- Highly methodical in bug reporting / reproduction.
- Knowledge of Linux bash/shell script and capability of composing automation test script in python.
- High speed test/debug experience (PCIe, 10G, SAS, SATA, USB) is a plus
- Need very high familiarity with Linux with good understanding of Linux internals.
- Familiarity with JBOD / HBA / RAID components is a plus.
- Candidate should be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Hands on experience on lab equipment, like Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, digital power meter