Duration: 3 months+ (Likely to extend or convert to perm hire)
Our client is currently shorthanded and is seeking a PC Technician in Atlanta, Georgia for a Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration.
Other PC support duties would also be performed as necessary including but not limited to: moving equipment within and/or between facilities, staging equipment for build/image activity, installing and maintaining PC hardware and software, troubleshooting network usage and computer peripherals, perform system backups and data recovery, resolve network communication problems independently, e-mail administration, disk capacity monitoring and network security, preparing assets for disposition, executing equipment replacement activity, performing day to day support, responding to trouble ticket system and updating system to reflect work performed / tickets resolved, other administrative duties.
- Perform Windows 7 migration for 1000 plus devices.
- Perform build/image activity for equipment
- Manage incoming and outgoing assets
- Prepare systems for deployment
- Scan existing asset for applications and settings
- Collaborate with teammates to identify process improvements
- Escalate quickly when issues arise
- Assist other technicians as needed
- Minimum of Two+ years’ experience with minor laptop repairs such as: memory upgrades, PCMCIA cards, screen, keyboard, and HDD swaps; set-up, management, and support of laptop PC's
- Operational knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN network equipment
- Familiarity with PC set up, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with OS systems: Windows 7, XP, and Vista
- Experience using and installing Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong diagnostic skills
For immediate consideration and interview send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org