Project Manager - Infrastructure projects (Single Sign On (SSO) and Identity & Access Management) – Foster City, CA
I.T. Solutions, Inc. is searching for a Project Manager to lead infrastructure projects with Single Sign On (SSO) and Identity & Access Management for our pharmaceutical client in Foster City, CA. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the activities and infrastructure related projects (Storage Installation/Upgrades, Server Consolidation, Database Migration, Data Center relocation/expansion, corporate network implementations and/or upgrades). He/she is accountable for the successful delivery of the project(s) in the Infrastructure and Support services organization. Pharma background and demonstrated experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and Identity & Access Management required.
The Project Manager (Infrastructure) has the responsibility and accountability to:
- Serve as subject matter expert in integration functions and processes including understanding success factors, business case creation & measures, and other key value drivers
- Generate metrics and provide regular briefings and dashboards to senior management on the performance of the going infrastructure projects
- Partner with teams at all levels to understand business and IT strategic direction, initiatives, and technology needs
- Facilitate the prioritization of work within the Infrastructure domain and enforce that priority among IT teams; attend regular meetings to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Capture the project scope and achieve agreement on project deliverables, completion dates, phasing, risks, mitigations, interdependencies and milestones.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external parties to organize components of project(s) including coordination of schedules and activities, tracking progress, and reporting results
- Follow consistent project management methodology and tools, manages and communicates changes to project parameters
- Management project schedules, budget, milestones, and deliverables to ensure project progress from conception to completion including change management and communications plans as necessary
- Coordinate and direct the activities of project team members
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are documented
- Manage the development and execution of test plans.
- Plan and coordinate relocation and cutover tasks.
- Manage the time, scope, and effort of project(s) and coordinates resources, risk and issue management.
- Manage interdependencies among project tracks, as well as external factors.
- Escalate issues beyond his/her span of control to the project sponsors.
- Conducts and facilitates project meetings, maintains issues list and communicates periodic project status to project sponsors.
- Manage and track the day-to-day project execution tasks through the various project phases, which includes working with a diverse and globally distributed team
- Serve a primary point of contact for all communications internal to the projects, and responsibility for executing the internal communication plan
- Develop accurate and informed scopes of work including schedules and budgets
- Coordinates alignment with quality and security requirements, instituting compliance with SOX /GXP/security controls, and resolution of obstacles to compliance
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Coordinate and hold communication sessions to stakeholders community.
- Proactively monitor project dependencies, changes in project scope and critical path, and device contingency plans
- Build, develop and grow relationships between IT and business teams that are vital to the success of the project(s)
- Ideal candidates will have a Bachelors degree in business management, computer science/Information Technology or equivalent experience; Master’s degree highly desired
- 7-10 years of experience and track record in managing and delivering large/enterprise IT projects, with globally distributed sites and execution teams, on budget and on schedule.
- Pharma background and demonstrated experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and Identity & Access Management required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to manage the expectations and to guide team members, address issues, and convey status.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to a variety of audiences, and multiple levels within both IT and business organizations
- Experience in operating across organization boundaries, company boundaries, and with geographically distributed teams.
- Strong technical competence, and experience in working with a variety of technologies, in particular Infrastructure (hosting, networking, DB, etc…).
- Working experience with new site builds, data center management and/or relocation, and M&A IT Integration, is highly desired
- Proven leadership track record with executive presence, excellent communications and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels
- Self-Starter/minimal supervision. Ability to drive issues to resolution
- Strong grounding in at least one widely used program/project and change management methodology or framework (i.e. PMP, Lean, Six Sigma Certifications)
- PMP is strongly desired. Experience in using Project Management tools.
Please email resumes to Shelley Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.