Analog Design Engineer – Campbell, CA
Dialog Semiconductor creates highly integrated, mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), optimised for personal portable, low energy short-range wireless, LED solid state lighting and automotive applications. The company provides flexible and dynamic support, world-class innovation and the assurance of dealing with an established business partner.
With its focus and expertise in energy-efficient system power management and a technology portfolio that also includes audio, short-range wireless, AC/DC power conversion and multi-touch, Dialog brings decades of experience to the rapid development of ICs for personal portable and digital consumers applications, including smartphones, tablets, Ultrabooks™ and digital cordless phones.
Dialog’s power management processor companion chips increase the performance of portable devices by extending battery lifetime, enabling faster charging and enhancing the consumer’s multimedia experience. With world-class manufacturing partners, Dialog operates a fabless business model.
Working as a Analog Design Engineer, you’ll find yourself in a truly international environment where your ability is recognised, rewarded and challenged on a daily basis. You will work with cutting-edge technologies that lead the way in developing ICs for the latest Smartphones, Tablet PCs, Lighting, Portable media devices and wireless audio. Our technologies and our people are atthe forefront of mobile systems innovation.
Working in our AC-DC Power Conversion team in Campbell, CA, you will be a member of analog design team to develop AC/DC, SSL and LED backlighting products. You will lead projects and design analog blocks, perform chip integration and top level verification, and support test and qualification of products to mass production.
This is a very interesting role for any driven engineer, as working in this area you will have access to design across the entire chip and involvement with many other areas giving you exposure to analog design methodology, PMOS and high voltage designs, etc. You will also have the opportunity to step up into project lead roles as there are a lot more projects to start in the near future, giving you the chance to lead projects from inception to production.
What we are looking for
At Dialog you will be successful if you are self-motivated, delivery-focused and passionate about helping us become the go-to company for PMIC, Audio, Display and Wireless Connectivity technologies.
You could be perfect for this role if you have:
- Lead a project from chip definition to mass production.
- Analog design and technical project leadership of integrated circuit development
- Coordinate test, product and quality engineering tasks for AC/DC, SSL and LED backlighting power management ICs
- Design of CMOS/BCD power management circuits meeting performance, area, power and timescale constraints using state of the art EDA tools
- Work with system and digital teams with product definition, chip integration and chip top level verification
- Lab evaluation and support for circuit blocks/whole ICs
- Support DFT strategy and implementation
- Supervise layout and support junior colleagues
- Support production test development and ramp to production
It would also be beneficial to have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 6 years (MS) or 3 years (PhD) Analog IC design experience of power management products.
- Solid fundamentals of transistor level Analog integrated circuits and device physics.
- Design experience with Analog modules such as ADC, DAC, comparators, amplifiers, banggap reference etc.
- Solid knowledge of EDA design tools and Cadence design environment
- Able to meet commitments under pressure.
- Self-motivated and take full responsibility for solutions.
- Good communication and team work skills
- Power electronics knowledge is a big plus.
Our employees are offered the chance to be part of an exciting journey and the opportunity to work in an environment where skills and experience are recognized, tested and challenged on a daily basis. We have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have enabled us to enjoy successive year on year growth in this highly competitive market. We are an innovative, dynamic market leader and fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions and short range wireless connectivity and VoIP technology.
If this role is of interest, then it’s time we heard from you! Click below and apply now.