Our client, an uber-successful SaaS company in Phoenix, has a need for a talented Senior Linux Administrator to join their IT Operations team. The company has a great work environment and collaborative culture, is highly successful, growing rapidly and is an industry leader in their space.
You will be a key member of a dynamic operations team building the next generation platform of the core application infrastructure. You will need to understand Linux operating systems, and application and database performance (MySQL), and be able to identify bottlenecks and make recommendations to keep ahead of our growth curve. The position entails a 24/7 on call rotation and occasional weekend work (about once per 6 weeks).
Key Required Skills (at least 5 years experience desired):
* Familiarity with rackmount enterprise hardware - Sun, IBM, SuperMicro
* CentOS/RedHat 5 or 6
* Apache Server
* Bash, perl or php scripting (MUST have strong ability to create and modify scripts)
* Virtualization (KVM or VMWare)
* High Availability Architecture (drbd, heartbeat)
* Load balancing knowledge (F5 LTM, haproxy)
* iptables, tripwire and other host-based linux security tools
* Basic networking knowledge
* JunOS SRX and EX
The successful candidate will also have strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and time management abilities. Occasional travel to our Las Vegas data center is required.
LOCAL PHOENIX CANDIDATES ONLY. Unfortunately no visa sponsorship or relocation is available for this position.
IF (and ONLY IF) you meet the qualifications above and want to join a very special company, please send your resume and salary requirements to diane.smigel@PalladiumIT.com.