We have an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an ambitious, energetic Senior Project Manager (PM) to make a difference and shape the line of business in a growing global organization. The Senior Project Manager (PM) will be a senior member of the Program Management Office (PMO) and will be located in Arlington, VA.
The PM will report to the PMO Director and will be supporting:
- Sales and Marketing for consumer and B2B verticals.
- A variety of lines of business that rely on our global websites. (consumer, B2B, and customer support)
The PM's responsibility is to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, while meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations. The PM’s also assist in the development of the PMO office by developing and enforcing PMO policies and procedures.
We are looking for experienced professionals with the ability to successfully drive projects to completion while managing the right balance of process without over-burdening the entrepreneurial spirit of the company.
This position is based in Arlington, VA and will require time in both our Harrisonburg and Arlington, VA, offices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive program and project definition and iterate until projects are defined to support the business case and desired outcome.
- Manage all aspects of multiple complex, cross-functional projects from concept (business case/roadmap) through delivery.
- Lead projects in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practices.
- Develop the project's key objectives and scope, and communicate them effectively across the project team.
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Assist with developing and managing the business line's project portfolio and assisting with prioritization.
- Drive and lead user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage project resources from other groups, in a matrixed environment, who are fulfilling roles in your projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing or new forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead projects from beginning to end, from project inception through delivery.
- Provide thought leadership to further develop and maintain PMO templates, processes, and programs.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in program/project management and other key areas.
- Want to be part of something special: a growing, profitable company impacting the global economy and experiencing rapid change.
- Is proactive, works hard, and above all else get things done.
- Must be customer management and service focused.
- Has successfully managed multiple projects in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the business line to craft solutions.
- Has experience with developing business cases and project charters.
- Extensive experience in managing software development lifecycle.
- 10+ years related work experience in a company or department with a heavy emphasis on technology.
- 6+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with managing 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to ascertain communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or greater with related work experience.
- Formalized project management training and certifications (PMP)
- Formalized business analysis training and certifications
- Experience in working in any of the following environments a plus:
- Web-based applications
- Retail or E-tail
- Client Services
- Call Centers
- Formalized quality assurance training and certifications
- A strong technical aptitude and/or experience (e.g. working knowledge of database table structures, development tools, architecture, telecommunications, etc.)