As a Linux Systems Engineer you will be developing, supporting, and improving our customer’s infrastructures ranging from single server solutions to large scale redundant virtualized clusters. Our Engineers work within our team to design and implement highly available redundant systems to run our customers mission-critical applications and content.
- 3 years of Linux and Windows systems engineering and administration in production environment with in depth knowledge of:
- CentOS or Red Hat.
- Web servers such as Apache and Tomcat.
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Performance analysis, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux including Kernel recompiling.
- RAID systems (Software Linux Raid as well as LSI and Dell PERC raid cards).
- MySQL Database Administration, Replication, Migrations, and Upgrading.
- Mail system administration and maintenance (qmail, postfix, dovecot, courier-imap).
- Backup systems design, implementation, and recovery (BackupPC, Scripting, Bacula).
- Networked file systems (NFS, CIFS).
- Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS management, implementation and development.
- Use of task Automation Scripting: Unix Shell scripting (sh/bash/etc), Perl, Python, Puppet Servers.
- Ability to compile, debug, and install Open Source programs
- DNS systems such as BIND and TinyDNS
- Administration of HA clusters using IPVS and F5 Load Balancing as well as DRBD.
- Certifications Preferred:
- MCSA Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• FLSA: Exempt
• $50,000 Life Insurance
About the Company
Phoenix NAP, full service data center, premier infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider and primary network access point (NAP) for the Phoenix, AZ, metro region leads the path for technology systems and solutions through its innovation and vastly redundant data center systems.Our highly personalized approach ensures that all of your requirements are met. Whether it's high-density colocation, flexible storage, physical servers or cloud hosting services, our enterprise-grade facility and certified NOC technicians supply IT solutions to fit your every need.