Phoenix Nap is seeking a Database ETL Developer to join the enterprise architecture team. This position will provide ETL expertise, backend database development/administration, engineering support and technology research for on-premise and cloud-based SQL and NoSQL platforms. The ideal person is creative, understands data pipelines end to end, backend agnostic, and proficient in developing ETL code to get the job done. This person will support relational database, data warehouse and NoSQL/BigData store as they relate to company’s payment processing and cloud products. As the Data Engineer/Developer, you would work closely with the data architects and identified customers to ensure the technical and business requirements of the data architecture are met. Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to document, design, and implement the data architecture of solutions and processes in effort to create competitive advantages for the company’s products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leverages enterprise grade ETL development skills in an agile development environment.
• Defines and builds out ETL pipelines capable of supporting dimensional modeling contexts.
• Develop and maintain standards and principals for enterprise data warehouse.
• Decompose business requirements, identify and challenge assumptions, design/implement technical solutions.
• Assist in project and capacity planning and support technical operations when needed.
• Must be able to support customer facing requirements gathering and support as needed.
• 5+ years IT experience
• 2+ years of designing, implementing and maintaining relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• 1+ years of experience in UNIX, Solaris 2x, and LINUX Red Hat Advance Server
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• 1+ years’ experience working with ETL tools (Pentaho, Informatica, SSIS)
• 1+ years working with data management solutions including: Data Marts, Data Warehouses, and Operational Data Stores
• Experience with BI system (Microsoft, MicroStrategy, Cognos)
• Experience with NoSQL/BigData (Cassandra, MongoDB)
• MPP data warehouse system(Teradata, Netezza, Vertica)
• Experience with Pentaho Data Integration and Toad Data Modeler
• Knowledge of Java application frameworks (Spring, Java EE)
• Experience with data mining/Machine learning
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems both independently and within cross-functional teams.
• Ability to be self-motivated, a team player, and exhibit a high degree of professionalism
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or information systems preferred, not required
• FLSA: Exempt
• Free Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Phoenix NAP, full service data center, premier infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider and primary network access point (NAP) for the Phoenix, AZ, metro region leads the path for technology systems and solutions through its innovation and vastly redundant data center systems.
Our highly personalized approach ensures that all of your requirements are met. Whether it’s high-density colocation, flexible storage, physical servers or cloud hosting services, our enterprise-grade facility and certified NOC technicians supply IT solutions to fit your every need. For more information, visit www.phoenixnap.com
Stay connected with Phoenix NAP!