The Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer must have experience with either T-SQL or the MS BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS). In addition a successful candidate will have experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
The Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer will be responsible for design and development of reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries. The position calls for someone who is comfortable working with clients as well as state and federal agencies to discover requirements, then formulate them into solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a positive, can-do attitude who can to adapt to a changing environment. We are in the midst of building our next-generation product while undergoing an agile transformation. This will require critical thinking skills as it relates to software that is “emergent”.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer
- Design, build and maintain data marts and cubes
- Design and develop reports
- Deploy, maintain and generate reports from a data warehouse
- Capable of gathering requirements from clients and agencies, understanding the user’s requirement and converting requirements into functional/technical specifications and developing a strategy for designing and building Business Intelligence solutions.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs
- Publish and integrate reports into Microsoft SharePoint
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure intelligence is consistent with defined needs
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions
- Maintain library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge assets
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards or other tools
- Create working prototypes for our sales team to use as demonstrations for potential clients
QUALIFICATIONS for the Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Engineer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn quickly
- Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment
- 3+ years of combined experience in data warehousing/business intelligence/analytics and reporting systems
- 3+ years’ experience with either T-SQL or the MS BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- 3+ years’ experience developing reports
- 1+ year of MS SharePoint experience
- 1+ year of ETL scripting experience
- Experience with data warehouse creation desirable, but not required
- Experience with Crystal Reports and have the ability to interact and analyze existing reports
- Knowledge of MS SQL Profiler, query execution plans and SQL tuning techniques
- Experience building and executing sufficient tests of developed solutions
- Preferred candidate will have basic programming experience and working knowledge of software development tools including: VB.Net, Visual Basic 6, ASP, C#, Power Pivot, Visual Studio
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent