Derive, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, offers IT staffing and consulting services to many Fortune 1000 companies. We have a history of delivering extraordinary results. Our continued success is driven by our pragmatic, innovative strategies, and by our unique team of industry veterans, contractors, and strategic partnerships.
Big Data Engineer/Architect
Technology Skills/ Requirements:
• Experience with high-performance, distributed, massively scalable and highly available architectures
• 7-10+ years of object oriented experience with at least 5 of those years in a software engineering context
• 5+ years Java/J2EE experience
• 2+ years of hands on experience with at least one “Big Data” technology – e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
• Test/Behavioral Driven Development experience
o Domain Driven Design experience
o Domain Specific Languages and frameworks experience
o Experience with event driven SOA, BPMN or other architectures
A definite plus:
• Semantic web modeling/programming
• Experience with JVM-based languages – e.g. Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure
• NoSQL & "Big Data" solutions - e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, Lucene/Solr, data grids and distributed graph DBs
• JVM-based technologies with some integration to .Net and legacy technologies
• Experience with event driven SOA/ESB – e.g. JBoss, Mule
• Understanding of traditional Relational Database and SQL experience with Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
• SOAP/REST Web Service development
• Experience with Agile/Scrum
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.”