SpectraTech-LLC, is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Logistics Services and Support.
SpectraTech-LLC, has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) that believes customer satisfaction comes first.
SpectraTech-LLC, is currently seeking a Tier 2 Help Desk, to work with our government client in Boyers, PA (at the MINE). The ideal candidate will:
- Will work the thrid shift (10pm - 6am)
- Provide Desktop Support services to the OPM/FIS IT user community.
- Respond to IT incidents and requests received from Remedy tickets escalated by the Tier 1 Service Desk.
- Create Remedy tickets for incidents and requests that are received by the user community while working out on the floor.
- Schedule resolution times with customers prior to resolving incidents and requests by remotely utilizing LANDesk or by deskside visits.
- Provide continuous status updates to Remedy work logs to be viewed by Service Desk Analysts and by the user community to ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is available at all times.
- Contact users via email and by phone when a ticket is assigned in the individual queue at least twice per day until the incident(s) or request(s) are resolved.
- Obtain acceptance of resolution by the user before formally resolving a Remedy ticket.
- Utilize the Remedy ARS Knowledge Base and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to provide resolutions for user incidents and requests.
- Meet all Service Level Agreements (SLA) as listed in the Service Level Management Plan.
- Perform tasks provided in the Incident Management Plan to resolve incidents and requests.
- Perform tasks provided in the Problem Management Plan to resolve reoccurring incidents.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user incidents and requests dealing with the Microsoft operating system, Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, Blackberry, Citrix, VPN, 2 Factor Authentication and all OPM owned COTS and GOTS products.
- High-level Knowledge of PC Hardware, networking, and a good working knowledge of Windows XP and 7.
- High-level knowledge of Office 2003/2007/2010, especially, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Deploy hardware and software to fulfill user requests.
- Escalate tickets to Tier 3 Technicians in the event that an incident or request cannot be resolved at the Tier 2 level.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user incidents and requests dealing with OPM owned hardware and peripherals.
- Ensure all Asset Management information is accurately passed on to the Asset Management Team to ensure information is recorded in Remedy Asset Management. Information provided shall include, but is not limited to, new location of user and replacement of hardware/software.
- Create and/or revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Adhere to all OPM and GSS policies and procedures.
- Answer phone calls when directed by the Tier 2 Lead Manager during peak hours and when call volumes are high.
- Assist with evaluating/testing new technologies for the agency.
- 1-2 years’ experience in technical Help Desk environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience working within an Active Directory environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in troubleshooting issues with Windows XP operating system
- 1-2 years’ experience with troubleshooting issues within the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project)
- 1-2 years’ experience with the following: Internet Explorer, Java, Citrix, VPN, 2 Factor Authentication, and BlackBerry
- 6 Months-1 Year experience with Windows 7.
- Experience with LAN/WAN connectivity, troubleshooting, design, evaluation and / or documentation is desirable
- Experience with hardware components such as hard drives, power supplies, and motherboards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Strong technical aptitude including excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with users that have limited technical knowledge.
- Ability to instruct users utilizing verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting.
- Attention to detail.
- High degree of patience.
- Help Desk ticketing systems such as Remedy and Heat,
- Remote tools to resolve user issues, such as LANDesk and Remote Desktop,
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies such as Incident and Problem Management .
- MS Office,
- HDI Support Center/Desktop Support Analyst,
- ITIL Foundations V2 or V3
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Clearable or Secret (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)