Position: Manager of Application and Configuration
Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Contract to Hire or Full Time
Principal responsibilities include:
• Developing a solid framework to support the development life cycle of the main transaction and the medical management systems for all managed care operational processes and regulatory requirements.
• Providing ownership, oversight and management for the planning, designing, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of the main transaction and the medical management systems and their integration with data warehouse and other systems that meet the operational and regulatory needs of the organization.
• Leading staff and internal/external customers in defining business needs, assessing business requirements, writing system specifications, developing test plans and training.
• Directing staff on the development of training documents and training curriculum for existing and new system functionality.
• Conferring with users, managers and other departments to determine impact of application changes on other systems and processes.
• Communicating effectively with management, customers, peers and vendors to maintain clear customer expectations and provide monitoring and reporting on the progress of system change projects and service level agreements.
• Working with system vendors to document and manage releases, upgrades, tracking of system service and functionality issues/bugs and resolutions.
• Evaluating and recommending new software applications, development opportunities, enhancements or business process improvement to meet operational and regulatory needs.
• Providing input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization.
• Recruiting, training, motivating, evaluating, and retaining a highly skilled staff to perform the necessary project management, business transformation, analysis, configuration, and scripting functions needed to meet the business and regulatory objectives and ensuring that the staff is focused, committed, and capable of producing expected results.
• Developing departmental annual operating expense and capital budgets with the ongoing monitoring of all expenditures and routine tracking and reporting of the budget performance.
• Assisting with the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of or enhancements to new systems, including software, hardware and support services by following established processes.
• Establishing and monitoring department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervising and training of staff.
• Leading meetings, projects, staff, and vendors.
• Identifying, implementing, and maintaining solutions to support business goals and objectives.
• Writing, reporting, administration, and analysis.
• Data analysis.
• Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key leaders and staff across the organization.
• Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: 3-9
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field; graduate degree a plus.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum seven years demonstrated professional experience in the data processing or information systems field.
• Minimum seven years of demonstrated application development and support related experience.
• Minimum three years of technical work experience in positions such as business analyst, systems analyst, etc., in a managed care organization.
• Minimum three years experience managing information systems for health care companies such as claims processing systems, enrollment, medical management, and application processing systems.
• Minimum five years of successful project management and implementation experience on projects as well as knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
• Experience with ITIL processes and methodologies for change and incident management preferred.
• Experience with SQL development.
• Experience with managed care applications, business processes and vendors.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• In-depth knowledge of health care.
• Ability to provide effective leadership.
• Well organized, detail oriented ,and experienced in functionality, configuration, and maintenance of complex systems to support an organization
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and make presentations before groups of management and staff.
• Ability to gather, read, analyze, and interpret complex data and create accurate meaningful information for data reporting and decision support.
• Intermediate/Advanced knowledge in Excel, Access, SQL, Visio, MS Project.