Need a BEST resource for the below position ASAP for our direct client
Role: Network Test Engineer
Location: Bay Area, CA (Sunnyvale)
Duration: Long Term
Candidate need to go for In person after phone screen.
Skills Required: Network protocols performance testing, routing protocols, LAN, TCP/IP and layer 7 applications protocols, Firewalls, VPN and IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems), writing test plans, test suites and test procedures, automation scripts using Perl
Network Test Engineer for FW/VPN/IDP products;
- 2+ years of experience as a Test engineer for networking and security related products with knowledge of Network protocols performance testing.
- Strong networking experience with routing protocols, LAN, TCP/IP and layer 7 applications protocols
- Knowledge of testing security technologies such as Firewalls, VPN and IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems)
- Knowledge of traffic generation tools like IXIA, Spirent, etc to test Networking products is preferred.
- Experience writing test plans, test suites and test procedures at the black box and system test levels.
- Experience in automation scripts using Perl, or another scripting language such as TCL and Expect.
- Network protocols performance analysis knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to anticipate problems and issues, and then recommend solutions to the problems
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.